Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets - Bank A Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I imagine you can save your preset with the wha block bypassed and activate the wha block if needed while pressing the external pedal no ? the external pedal dont have a switch to activate the wha ? how do they works ?

That’s exactly how I set mine up. I’ve never done it from the front panel, but Matt already laid out the instructions. It’s literally like 2 clicks in Axe-Edit and you’re good to go.

But that doesn’t matter because we already decided that you’re going to buy an expression pedal because more is more.

I never touch the settings of the pedals . I am actually messing with the menu, my pedal 1 and 2 are in "continuous" mode . for now I have touch nothing . but yes I have the wha block engaged in most of the factory preset doing a strange on and off ...
If you're not going to use an expression pedal then you need to set the External controller init value to 0%.

Sometimes I'd rather not :tonguewink:

In seriousness, what you're seeing (I think) is the fact that that the way in the factory presets is controlled by Auto Engage. If you want to use a switch (which I think I hear you doing?) go into the MODIFIER for the wah and change AUTO ENGAGE to OFF.

To open the modifier on the hardware, navigate to the CONTROL parameter in the EDIT menu of the WAH block and press ENTER.
To open the modifier in Axe-Edit, right click the CONTROL parameter.
Thanks I will try tomorrow . I just don’t want the wha effect engaged in factory presets by default . I m obliged to remove it manually one by one and …
So when people got a wha controller plugged in the axe the wha is bypassed by default ? It’s strange if the wha is active as soon as you come to a preset . The fact to have zero Expression pedal plugged in turn it on ?

That’s exactly how I set mine up. I’ve never done it from the front panel, but Matt already laid out the instructions. It’s literally like 2 clicks in Axe-Edit and you’re good to go.

But that doesn’t matter because we already decided that you’re going to buy an expression pedal because more is more.
I already own a wha and a whammy 😅. I imagine the wha is good in the axe . The whammy I don’t know, The effect is special . The expression pedals are globally overpriced for what they are. I like the Dunlop pedal feel as I use them since 25 years now . Which expression pedal is the best for the axe ? (Just to know)

I’m impressed how many presets got the legacy cabs. I never pick them believing they are old now and don’t have the same quality than the high Res one .
What is the main reason using them in your factory presets ? Habits ? Don’t prefer the “not so new” ones? (I see that they are some “new” ones too in factory presets but…)

I've got presets that are blank. It shows the name when I'm in the list view, but when I select the preset it's empty. What am I doing wrong?

I’m impressed how many presets got the legacy cabs. I never pick them believing they are old now and don’t have the same quality than the high Res one .
What is the main reason using them in your factory presets ? Habits ? Don’t prefer the “not so new” ones? (I see that they are some “new” ones too in factory presets but…)
Actually, in the cases where the legacy cabs have new "Factory" equivalents, I do plan to phase those out in a later version. That's borderline busy work, though, and there are just too few hours in a day.

Definitely the Fractal Audio pedals.
I can vouch for this.
I bought a killer custom wah pedal loooong ago that was insanely nice and it cost me about $400.
Had for years on many stages.
Once I got my first modeling unit (Fractal AXE FX III), my FC12 and the expression pedal 2 years ago, I have never had my old custom wah even connected again.
It's perfect and extremely well made.
BUY IT!

I've never updated the factory presets since I got this thing two years ago. Not entirely sure what to expect. Just go to import preset and it will know what to do with it and not overwrite my own presets which start at #384?

(I read the whole thread hoping someone else would stick their head out and ask before I had to hahaha)

I've never updated the factory presets since I got this thing two years ago. Not entirely sure what to expect. Just go to import preset and it will know what to do with it and not overwrite my own presets which start at #384?

(I read the whole thread hoping someone else would stick their head out and ask before I had to hahaha)

I used Manage Presets to just bring in the ones I wanted try out.

I still had the original factory presets, unmodified, in the first, what is it 256? slots, so I just replaced the first 128 presets (bank A) with the new versions.

I like so far, a lot!
Nice work folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom