Preset Poll

Tonedeaf

Power User
FM3 user waiting for the Cygnus update. Would like to know how many of you guys after upgrading felt they had to tweak their presets and who just left them as is. I'm hoping most people didn't feel the need to.

I didn't feel a need to tweak my presets caused by Cygnus. However, I am constantly tweaking them on a daily basis, with or without firmware upgrades.

There is already a poll there.

Last edited:
FM3 user waiting for the Cygnus update. Would like to know how many of you guys after upgrading felt they had to tweak their presets and who just left them as is. I'm hoping most people didn't feel the need to.
You will likely have to tweak your presets if you had thing like 5150 Freidman w high master settings

I kept several alone, as they sounded great as is. Best solution I've seen is make sure your IR's are what you want and start from scratch so you can get the full experience with the new sound. There were several parameters that I was unsure if I was tweaking for effect or just mindless twiddling that now affect the tone more.

Just copy the preset into a new slot and Frankenstein that thing...it's really enjoyable 😉. Chances are you're gonna get a little hooked at the 1/2 way point after you start comparing your old to your new.

I had to adjust some, others were fine. Read Cliff’s comments and release notes in the FX3 Cygnus beta threads and you will understand why.

It’s not a big deal to tweak unless you are a vendor with big packs of presets, and afterwards the presets sound better so it’s not a waste of time.

so if 999 people think it sounds fine, but you don’t like it, you won’t tweak it ?

Poll with a sample size of “1” is all that matters at the end of the day
It's a simple yes or no, did you or didn't you question. Why do you have a problem with that?

If you read the forums, you will find that a vast majority of users are very happy with Cygnus, while around 1% is complaining. Specific instructions on two simple tweaks that should solve their issues has been given to them.

Are you going to base your decision to upgrade or not to upgrade to Cygnus on a poll?

Last edited:
everyone will tweak every preset even if it's just a simple tweak because we have tastes and preferences on what a perfect sound for ourselves actually is. even if someone doesn't tweak the presets alot, we all love that the option is there to do so.

I tweak presets that I'm happy with just for the curiosity factor of what it may do. Usually end up back up with the original sound, but I think most tone seekers (regardless of ability) will always dabble. Iunno...see the forest, not the trees?

To each his own, and i mean no disrespect in saying this, but i think we are seriously overthinking the entire “new FW messed up my presets” thing.
Of course new FW will change the way the Axe sounds, otherwise what would be the point of a FW upgrade ?
To me a little more flabbiness or a little more shrill doesn’t make this much of a difference, since even with real amps I’m constantly tweaking the eq and gain structure, and I can live with some more bass, or a little fuzz or similar.
The way our brain processes what the ears pickup is different every time.
I prefer to play more and spend less time tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom