Completely lost with Cygnus high gain tones

Given the 5150 is neither of those things, what IR, what guitar and are your strings dead?

I'll make a quick clip of a tele/strat/humbucker on a 5150 barebones preset when I can.
Okay thanks mate, Im using one of Leon Todd's LT MIX 7, Guitar ESP Horizons with Dimarzio Evolutions with new strings

The preset sounds fine to me for what it is, I used a couple IRs I like (YA marshall 4x12 with a 160 and a 421) and turned the treble down a bit and it's a pretty nice tone. If your speakers aren't messed up I suspect you might just be dealing with some ear fatigue and overanalyzing things.

Okay so I'm no high gain guy, haven't played metal since I was a teen. However, I opened your preset and loaded LT Mix 7, here's some things I did to make it sound less "congested":
  • Speaker compression from 4 -> 2.5 and time constant to 2200ms.
  • Speaker drive to 0 (I almost never use speaker drive param. unless going for "broken speaker sound"
  • Reset XFormer Drive to 1.2 which is default for that amp.
  • Turned OFF Cut and Input Boost in the Preamp page
  • Turned Master from 3 -> 4

I have Yamaha HS-8's so very similar, however I tested this with a telecaster and if the input boost was too much for that, then I imagine its overkill for you're hot pickups. Try using a drive pedal instead that way you have more control over the amount and tone.

Hope this helps!

The preset sounds fine to me for what it is, I used a couple IRs I like (YA marshall 4x12 with a 160 and a 421) and turned the treble down a bit and it's a pretty nice tone. If your speakers aren't messed up I suspect you might just be dealing with some ear fatigue and overanalyzing things.
Thanks for having a look, you might be right but like I said it is the feel as well.

Okay so I'm no high gain guy, haven't played metal since I was a teen. However, I opened your preset and loaded LT Mix 7, here's some things I did to make it sound less "congested":
  • Speaker compression from 4 -> 2.5 and time constant to 2200ms.
  • Speaker drive to 0 (I almost never use speaker drive param. unless going for "broken speaker sound"
  • Reset XFormer Drive to 1.2 which is default for that amp.
  • Turned OFF Cut and Input Boost in the Preamp page
  • Turned Master from 3 -> 4

I have Yamaha HS-8's so very similar, however I tested this with a telecaster and if the input boost was too much for that, then I imagine its overkill for you're hot pickups. Try using a drive pedal instead that way you have more control over the amount and tone.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your advice, I tried your suggestions, sounded good but its getting late here so only heard at really low volume, will have a go to tomorrow. Thats interesting what you said about the gain being to much even on a Tele, because the gain for me was not high at all.

J'apprécie que ce ne sera pas populaire mais je n'ai pas de chance de composer un bon son à gain élevé avec Cygnus, plus au point que ça ne fait pas du bien de jouer, pas de rebond J'ai tout essuyé et réinstallé FW plusieurs fois, regardé d'innombrables vidéos ont essayé des tas de différents IR, affaissement, commande d'enceintes et compression sans succès. J'espère que quelqu'un pourra vous aider.

J'ai joué à Fractal depuis l'Ultra

Ma configuration

AX FX 3 comme interface de monitoring via Yamaha HS 7

J'ai joint un préréglage.
essayer cela

Attachments

• Friedman BE-100.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for your advice, I tried your suggestions, sounded good but its getting late here so only heard at really low volume, will have a go to tomorrow. Thats interesting what you said about the gain being to much even on a Tele, because the gain for me was not high at all.
Not sure if anyone asked before but have you tried a different guitar as well? Are your pickups active and if yes have you replaced the battery recently?
Also tried to replace the guitar cable?

On the Freidman have you tried Leons tips
-use his TV mix
-use the low cut in the amp block has much as you have to
-switch to 5153 impedance curve

check the Negative feedback
turn it up if need be

yes, BE and HBE were not up to par for me either and they were my faves for years. Once I used low cut anywhere between 500-1000 the low end tightened up significantly and the feel was much less squashed. Now they are usable again but I cannot say they are my faves anymore.

yes, BE and HBE were not up to par for me either and they were my faves for years. Once I used low cut anywhere between 500-1000 the low end tightened up significantly and the feel was much less squashed. Now they are usable again but I cannot say they are my faves anymore.

Wow 500hz? Ive never gone beyond 150hz and that was for humor's sake.

Have you tried a different guitar cable?

I recently had this issue with my Ernie Ball cable and changed to a Mogami Gold Silent cable.
I was reading about those whom claim the cable doesn't make a difference...they are wrong, it totally changed the high end and cleaned up the low end especially on my darker sounding guitars. It totally changed the way my Majesty and JEM-77 FP2 sounds. Cleaned up the sound on both guitars.

In my case $4000CAD guitar to $20 cable to $3000 AX3. Seems it was the weak link.

different guitar cable?

changed to a Mogami Gold Silent cable.
totally changed the high end and cleaned up the low end especially on my darker sounding guitars. It totally changed the way my Majesty ... sounds. Cleaned up the sound.

In my case $4000CAD guitar to $20 cable to $3000 AX3. Seems it was the weak link.
Very interesting, and makes perfect sense. Time to retire my old Whirlwind cables and get some Mogami's.
Thanks for the tip.

@Oshin Your preset sounds like it's coming through an iphone speaker on my setup > suhr w/fluence DT > axe > apollo x6 > yamaha hs8

p.s. I use nice cables and I can't tell a difference between mogami and amazon brand.

I appreciate this won't be popular but I am having no luck dialling in a good high gain tone with Cygnus, more to the point it doesn't feel good to play, no bounce I have wiped everything and reinstalled FW several times, watched countless videos tried heaps of different IR, sag, speaker drive and compresion without success. I hope someone can help.

I have played Fractal since the Ultra

My set up

AXE FX 3 as an interface monitoring through Yamaha HS 7

I have attached a preset.

The preset uses a user cab. It's no use guessing / advising if you don't tell us what IR you are using.

Also, the Amp Boost in the Amp block is set to T808. Together with the Cut at 400 Hz this takes away all low end.

Back
Top Bottom