FC Internal Firmware 1.11

.........so i selected the midi port as a guess..I know it's usb.......& hit send......surprisingly, still on V1.00....I'm gonna kick myself in the head I'm sure!

So don't select OUTPUT maybe? Can't find info anywhere

Select Axe3 from the first drop down. The in/out should fill automatically if you’re connected via a working USB cable and port.

Put the FC file in step 2

Press Begin.

Thx @chris ...so it populates the midi's...& usb must be ok as I'm running Axedit??????
Make sure you don’t have edit open as the same time as the stand alone fractal bot. (I can’t tell if you’re using the bot within axe edit).

Make sure you don’t have edit open as the same time as the stand alone fractal bot. (I can’t tell if you’re using the bot within axe edit).
Nup, just did a good ol W10 reboot but populating with midi outs??????

I don't have a usb between Axe & FC6...that's right? .......(Just from pute obviously.)

You're overthinking this. Remember when you got to this point?:

1618822058422.png

Get there again. Then do steps 2 and 3.

Bizarre....when I ran again, it went from FAILSAFE screen to the SCENE screen,(while sending)....then got the attached screen but still V1.00 AFTER reboot.
2021-04-19_16-52-09.jpg

where is it showing "1.00" exactly? i don't think any FC would say that unless you got it from years ago.

if it says Failsafe 1.00, then that's correct - the failsafe is version 1.00. reboot the FC6 (unplug and replug the XLR) and it should boot up showing 1.11.
Bizarre....when I ran again, it went from FAILSAFE screen to the SCENE screen, got the attached screen but still V1.00
View attachment 81998

where is it showing "1.00" exactly? i don't think any FC would say that unless you got it from years ago.

if it says Failsafe 1.00, then that's correct - the failsafe is version 1.00. reboot the FC6 (unplug and replug the XLR) and it should boot up showing 1.11.
I bought it new last FRI...showing FC-6 1.00

hmm i don't know what to say. i believe the first update for public was 1.03 back in Jan 2019. i don't see how an FC from last friday would ship with 1.00.

i would contact support.fractalaudio.com just to be sure. this forum may not have the answer.

hmm i don't know what to say. i believe the first update for public was 1.03 back in Jan 2019. i don't see how an FC from last friday would ship with 1.00.

i would contact support.fractalaudio.com just to be sure. this forum may not have the answer.
Thx for your help... I will.
Could I ask @BryantP for a comment please?

Last edited:
FWIW....Did EXACT same process today........ worked...go figure....thx Andrew @ IM.
Was def FW V1.00???????????

Hi all,
Any updates on when we could expect a new FW on the FC's?

These are the particular updates I have been waiting (hoping) for, both functions that the old MFC's used to do so well.
'BAK' function to toggle to/from previous preset.
Fast 'Typematic' Bank Scrolling.

Back
Top Bottom