Toggle From Presets to Scenes with External Footswitch

ruin

Hi All,

I have a Mission Engineering TT-2 Dual Switch connected to my Pedal 1 jack with a TRS cable.
My intention for this dual switch is to assign the left switch to enable/disable the Tuner.
I was able to do this by going into Setup -> I/O -> Pedal, and changed "Pedal 1 Setup" to "2 SWITCHES (Tip + Ring)" and in the same menu, I have:
Switch 1 Tip Behavior: FOLLOW HARDWARE
Switch 1 Tip Polarity: NORMALLY CLOSED/MOMENTARY BREAK
Switch 1 Ring Behavior: FOLLOW HARDWARE
Switch 1 Ring Polarity: NORMALLY CLOSED/MOMENTARY BREAK
Then, I went into Setup -> FC Controllers/Onboard Switches -> Stand-In Switches, and set "FM3 SW 1 TIP" to Layout: "Layout 8: UTILITIES" and Switch: "3: Utility, Tuner"
Mission accomplished!

My intention for the right switch is such that when I press the switch it takes me to Scenes for whichever Preset I already have selected. When I press the switch again, I would like it to take me back to Preset view.

I have read a couple posts on the forum here and have watched a couple of YouTube videos, but I have not yet found exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know how I can achieve my right switch setup?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Set a real switch function (something you don’t use) to Layout > Inc and limit between layouts 1 and 2, with Wrap on. Then set the external switch as a stand in to that switch.

Yes. Just FM3 with Mission Engineering TT-2.
Ok here is what I did. I choose a layout that I was not using and I called it aux. I used stand in switch #12 for tap/ tuner. Then I used stand in switch 11 to toggle through the views in that May out. I have one view for scene and in view 2 and 3 I have Effects to turn on and off.

Set a real switch function (something you don’t use) to Layout > Inc and limit between layouts 1 and 2, with Wrap on. Then set the external switch as a stand in to that switch.
Thanks, Chris. Are you able to step me through that process in detail? Hopefully, at some point it will help someone else like me who's new to this sort of thing.

Ok here is what I did. I choose a layout that I was not using and I called it aux. I used stand in switch #12 for tap/ tuner. Then I used stand in switch 11 to toggle through the views in that May out. I have one view for scene and in view 2 and 3 I have Effects to turn on and off.
I'm looking through FM3 Owner's Manual, and I don't yet find instruction on how to assign a function to a Switch.
In Setup -> FC Controllers/Onboard Switches -> Stand-In Switches, under "Switch" I see "11: Unassigned".

View attachment 79863

In Edit, click the FC Controllers button:
View attachment 79864
I was able to get this done with your help. Thank you!
Here's what I did ...

In FM3-Edit, I went into FC Controllers. With Layout 1, Scene 1 selected, I clicked Switch 11, and configured the Switch 11 settings per your advice (see image attached). Then I hit the "Save" button. Then on the FM3 hardware, I went to Setup -> FC Controllers/Onboard Switches -> Stand-In Switches, and I set "FM3 SW 1 RING" to Layout: "Layout 1: PRESETS" and Switch: "11: Layout, Inc/Dec". Now, my right switch on the TT-2 does what I want it to do.

Mission accomplished!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.00.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.00.31 PM.png
    630.2 KB · Views: 270
Just saw your video on this and seems like a great idea. Do you just stick to having 3 presets in total? How many scenes per each? If you wanted to have more than 3 presets, what would you do/change?

I am using Mosky 2 switch on Pedal 2 location, Ring is controlling tap tempo for tap and hold is controlling tuner, works perfectly. Tip is controlling Scene 1-3 >4-6 and then back to 1-3, works perfectly but I wanted to be able to use the hold function to activate delay when on clean/rhythm channel without switching scenes, but when I set it up per instructions, it cancels out/overrides the tap function so that the only thing working is hold and actually doesn't activate the delay until release. Also, when trying to use the EZ function on the unit, it does nothing. It does not show the settings on the switch or anything else for that matter. What is the fix for both problems? TIA

I am using Mosky 2 switch on Pedal 2 location, Ring is controlling tap tempo for tap and hold is controlling tuner, works perfectly. Tip is controlling Scene 1-3 >4-6 and then back to 1-3, works perfectly but I wanted to be able to use the hold function to activate delay when on clean/rhythm channel without switching scenes, but when I set it up per instructions, it cancels out/overrides the tap function so that the only thing working is hold and actually doesn't activate the delay until release. Also, when trying to use the EZ function on the unit, it does nothing. It does not show the settings on the switch or anything else for that matter. What is the fix for both problems? TIA
When you say EZ mode doesn’t work, are you pressing the external switch? I don’t think that works since it’s not the actual switch being pressed. EZ mode works in a special state where it only shows the actual switch pressed on that Layout. I don’t think it’s intended for a stand in to come up because it may be from a different layout than the one you’re currently looking at.

I’m not sure about the other issue. I’d probably have to see your switch setup (the real switch settings that are being referred to by the stand in).

Ok, thought it worked for stand in switches as well. As for the other, I am going to change it up a bit and will let you know if I need more help. Much appreciated.

Can I hook a switch up with 3 switch bottoms. I am pretty sure I have a 3button digetech laying around.

Can I hook a switch up with 3 switch bottoms. I am pretty sure I have a 3button digetech laying around.
you can only assign 2 switches per pedal jack using a TRS or Y-Cable depending on the switch type. i don't know if only 2 of the 3 would be recognized or it it wouldn't work at all.

Ok, thought it worked for stand in switches as well. As for the other, I am going to change it up a bit and will let you know if I need more help. Much appreciated.
Hi Rob, I just got the Mosky switch as well and I can't get it do anything. Do you have any setup advice you can give to me? It is like the FM3 isn't seeing anything connected to it on pedal 1 or 2.

Back
Top Bottom