Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL. Though, I suspect there's some nuance here.

Not a ton of nuance. Part of the bootup process is "load the presets into memory". So the other steps of the bootup take the same amount of time regardless, but the preset loading step scales linearly with the number of presets and their size.

The bootup process is pretty quick regardless, but since I never touch the factory presets I might as well get back those seconds.

Personally, I'm not sure why I haven't just removed all the factory presets. I never look at them and they just slow down the bootup when they're loaded into memory. Maybe I'll do that tonight, then instead of all my presets being in the 300s I can actually like in 1-10 where numbers are memorable.

They're good for demoing what is possible, and on fractal a lot of the sounds are more usable that some of the out-there kitchen sink sounds on other platforms, but I almost always just custom make presets for what I want.
Personally I really like the presets. Whoever spent the time creating them, thank you! They give me great insights into ways to create sounds I would have no idea how to create otherwise.if someone doesn’t like them, I think they can just be removed?

Just curious, Is this the longest a FW has been in beta?

Absolutely could be, but let's take into consideration all the work involved in this new FW, which it's not your "everyday" eCliffany, it's a completely new generation altogether. Who knows how much time was spent into beta testing Ares before launching the Axe-Fx III...

Reactions: jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom