Hubble Cygnus image (Veil Nebula)

This is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

Also happens to be my favorite deep sky object. I’ve spent hours and hours observing the Veil Nebula from one end to the other through a variety of filters and high magnification.

Never dreamed I’d see it like this though!

I felt like I arrived when I finally owned a telescope big enough to see it through an eyepiece.

That is an awesome image indeed...I love images from Hubble as they are very beautiful and continually surprise and generate wonder.

I've been looking a lot of nebula images lately as I've been learning how to create them in Blender over the last couple of weeks (my new avatar is created in Blender) and the Veil image is so ethereal and cool.

Thanks for the post; I love stuff like this.

I felt like I arrived when I finally owned a telescope big enough to see it through an eyepiece.

One of the few things on my want-list is a high quality telescope to star-gaze and to get into astrophotgrapy. A local photographer published a ton of fantastic images of the Milky Way this week that were all taken from the surrounding area which has gotten me to think about looking into getting a telescope again.

The inspiring thing is that he just started doing so within the last year and the results are truly amazing...I gotta get on this.

My nights behind the eyepiece have probably been my only moments of true peace I’ve had in my lifetime.

The absolute thrill and wonder of seeing a very small fraction of what’s out there washes away all the cynicism of daily life and takes me back to my childhood when unknowns were thrilling and waiting to be explored.

Astrophotography has always been a chore to me and diminished the ‘in the moment’ of just observing.

I do understand why a person would want to create the great beauty and permanence of astrophotography though.

i will probably look into it again soon with all the new technology that’s coming out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dp...alized-astrophotography-planetary-cameras.amp

Back
Top Bottom