Burg's Mumbles FW:16b*... *now FW22 | Demo vid + preset download

Sounds great. Can’t wait to give this a try. I really enjoyed your previous Dumble preset. It was awesome with my tele.

That opening tone on scene 2 I believe, THAT is the tone I'm after!
I was not aware for the different type magnets used in the pickup to reduce the shrill top end.
Thank so much Burgs! You content is greatly appreciated!! 🏁

@Burgs Are you doing anything special to get rid of the (USA 60hz hum, it may be 50hz down unda).
I don't hear any single coil noise, that I would expect from that setup with high gain.
Thanks

Luke!

Sorry, old Star Wars joke. 😬
What do you mean? I can understand you, you aren't mumbling!

Jokes aside. I always adore your presets, they tend to have special places in my preset list
I'm very flattered. Thanks, Overcaster!
Sounds great. Can’t wait to give this a try. I really enjoyed your previous Dumble preset. It was awesome with my tele.
I hope this one's worked for you, Wired. Cheers.
love this one!
🙏🏻👍🏻
That sounds just awesome with that tele, thanks for sharing.
No probs. I'm glad you like it.
That opening tone on scene 2 I believe, THAT is the tone I'm after!
I was not aware for the different type magnets used in the pickup to reduce the shrill top end.
Thank so much Burgs! You content is greatly appreciated!! 🏁
Yeah, those Five-Two pickups have been favourites of mine for some time, Scott. The magnet mix is spot on for me. Cheers.
@Burgs Are you doing anything special to get rid of the (USA 60hz hum, it may be 50hz down unda).
I don't hear any single coil noise, that I would expect from that setup with high gain.
Thanks
It's 50hz down here but I do have a fairly healthy Classic gate happening at the Input block. If you wind it back you'll be able to enjoy all the single coil hum your guitar has to offer. For me, though, if there's a gate to use, I'll use it. Noise annoys me. Cheers.

Really nice sounds you created her
And nice playing too😎👍
What monitors do you use for dialing in your sounds?
Cheers
Thanks! And a good question because I've only recently upgraded my monitors. I was using Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 but I started getting serious fatigue from them - after 2,500 videos(!) So I dumped them and got hold of some PreSonus R80's which I'm loving so much I want to go back and re-engineer every preset and video I made previous to owning them. But I don't that's going to happen somehow... 😂

Thanks! And a good question because I've only recently upgraded my monitors. I was using Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 but I started getting serious fatigue from them - after 2,500 videos(!) So I dumped them and got hold of some PreSonus R80's which I'm loving so much I want to go back and re-engineer every preset and video I made previous to owning them. But I don't that's going to happen somehow... 😂
Thx for the answer
I’m on the brink of getting new monitors as well, that’s why I asked which monitors you are using I’m leaning towards the adam a7x
But they are quite expensive
Yours might be an alternative but I’m not sure if they are too big as I only got a smallish room (using Yamaha hs5 at the moment)
Anyway thanks again for your kindness and contribution this forum🙏😀

Also I’ve got two atomic clr’s
But they are definitely too big to crank them up in that room🤪
Yeah, I have two MKII Neos too. They're great and I use them for 100dB+ stage calibration, but the R80s are pretty great near-field alternatives. I love 'em!

More of the same with hopeful improvements thanks to Cliff's generous obsession. Eight Scenes of fun that seem to work well with whatever guitar I poke at them. Have fun; tweak to taste, etc.

Preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8766

Great sounds! Can't wait to dig into the 5 new presets you've posted recently!

IIRC, Dumble himself called the HRM "Hot Rubber Monkeys" - probably as a gag. Paints a picture, though, dunnit....

Nice Strat, BTW. Config reminds me a bit of mine:
20210114_180559.jpg

I'm loving this newest version. I also enjoy the way you dialed in the Super OD Drive. So many flavors accessible w and w/o the external drive. Thanks as always for sharing.

Cheers,
Lee

I finally found the time to try this out and I'm blown away. I had already the previous versions and used them sometimes, but I never could understand the hype about Dumbles. The new version is a completely different animal, starting with that gorgeous clean sound in scene 1 and continuing with so different sounds in the other scenes. I spent already several evenings with just this preset and had so much fun.
I don't know whether the drastic change is due to Cygnus or whether you had epiphanies during the programming, but I dearly thank you for this wonderful present.

I finally found the time to try this out and I'm blown away. I had already the previous versions and used them sometimes, but I never could understand the hype about Dumbles. The new version is a completely different animal, starting with that gorgeous clean sound in scene 1 and continuing with so different sounds in the other scenes. I spent already several evenings with just this preset and had so much fun.
I don't know whether the drastic change is due to Cygnus or whether you had epiphanies during the programming, but I dearly thank you for this wonderful present.
I am very glad and it's my pleasure. When programming I try to channel the builder's mindset and what they were trying to achieve, and also Cliff's porting of the same. Each amp has its own qualities and they're worth seeking out. Thanks for the kind comment. There's more to come. Cheers.

This is seriously one of the best sounding of all presets for the AxeFx3, for those who want that Dumble flavour. The updated, tweaked versions from Burgs have taken the preset back to THAT sound again. Thanks mate - made my day :)

Back
Top Bottom