FM3 Pat Metheny Style Song

Super Nice!
I'm a huge PM fan and out of all the musicians that have departed recently, was most touched by Lyle's passing. So I love to see his spirit honored and his flame kept alive by this. Please pass on my congratulations to Austin and the rest of the band for a magnificent rendition of a really beautiful composition.
And of course, amazing soulful playing Camilo!

Super Nice!
I'm a huge PM fan and out of all the musicians that have departed recently, was most touched by Lyle's passing. So I love to see his spirit honored and his flame kept alive by this. Please pass on my congratulations to Austin and the rest of the band for a magnificent rendition of a really beautiful composition.
And of course, amazing soulful playing Camilo!
Yeah man! Interestingly, Lyle was always kind of hidden behind Pat's shadow and was so easily overlooked, but man... What a musical mind. He's got an album where he plays some standards live, and the stuff he plays on that is as good as any other "legend". Totally underrated.

Yeah man! Interestingly, Lyle was always kind of hidden behind Pat's shadow and was so easily overlooked, but man... What a musical mind. He's got an album where he plays some standards live, and the stuff he plays on that is as good as any other "legend". Totally underrated.
100% right.
His "Solo" album is also genius.

I read somewhere that the synth block is NOT available in the FM3. ONLY in the Axe-Fx III.
Did you record all this with the FM3 or did you use the Axe-Fx III for some sounds?

BTW, excellent playing!

Cheers,

Mats N

Wherever you read that the Synth block is not available in the FM3 is incorrect. The Synth block is definitely in the FM3.
I read somewhere that the synth block is NOT available in the FM3. ONLY in the Axe-Fx III.
Did you record all this with the FM3 or did you use the Axe-Fx III for some sounds?

BTW, excellent playing!

Cheers,

Mats N

That was really great! And thanks for sharing the lead sheet!

When Lyle passed, I did a cover of my favorite Lyle tune, Slink, using the FM3 on guitar and bass (with some help from some friends on sax and drums). I transcribed the parts and posted them on my website, where I've got a ton of other lead sheets to tunes I've written out over the years:

http://www.poparad.com/learn.php

Back
Top Bottom