Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who plays through all of the factory presets anyway?
Funny, I've been going back through some of them again lately.
Not looking for finished stuff with all the fixin's, just checking out some amps I haven't used in a while, with whatever starting points FAS picked.
Having fun too!
This thing sounds and feels pretty good, even at 15.01 :)

Mesa Mark V takes less time to “boot up”. Most amps don’t actually need a “standby switch” - manufacturers include them because they were needed in the 60s when fender saved a few cents per unit and used lower voltage caps after the standby switch - no load from power tubes means higher voltage on the caps. Caps are properly rated nowadays. I omit the standby switch in my own designs. Voltages in guitar amps aren’t high enough to cause “cathode stripping”.
I don't know. I forgot to go back to standby and turned off my EVH5150 50W. It made a really scary noise.

Maybe I'm just having a bad ear day, but the only things I've noticed now that I went from 15.01 to 16.00, is that I had to adjust the volume on a few things, but nothing really that much different tone wise. I wasn't super blown away.

Did you guys hear a difference immediately or was it a slow burn? Maybe I've just been playing for a few hours and my ears are fatigued?

My 5153, Plexi, and the Brit Brown all sound pretty much the same to me.

Maybe I'm just having a bad ear day, but the only things I've noticed now that I went from 15.01 to 16.00, is that I had to adjust the volume on a few things, but nothing really that much different tone wise. I wasn't super blown away.

Did you guys hear a difference immediately or was it a slow burn? Maybe I've just been playing for a few hours and my ears are fatigued?

Similar here, but stay with it. It will bloom/blossom as you progress. Did for me, anyway.

My favorites are the emails that should have been a meeting.
You know, where people talk about the situation together, brainstorm possible solutions, and make some decisions?
What a concept!
Way better than batting alternating misunderstandings and laboriously detailed clarifications back and forth repeatedly.
Gah.

The other annoying thing is what I call "meeting creep". When meetings have a set time frame, people have this annoying need to fill all that time talking. Even when all the relevant topics have already been covered. So everyone just keeps going off on tangents. It takes all my will power not to tell everyone to STFU.

The other annoying thing is what I call "meeting creep". When meetings have a set time frame, people have this annoying need to fill all that time talking. Even when all the relevant topics have already been covered. So everyone just keeps going off on tangents. It takes all my will power not to tell everyone to STFU.
That's a relief, I thought the "meeting creep" was gonna be me!

My favorites are the emails that should have been a meeting.
You know, where people talk about the situation together, brainstorm possible solutions, and make some decisions?
What a concept!
Way better than batting alternating misunderstandings and laboriously detailed clarifications back and forth repeatedly.
Gah.
Decisions can’t be made with more than 3 people in a meeting. Anything larger than that is a retarded waste of time and money.

You've got nothing on Jeffery Toobin.
Nobody knew who he was until he jacked off to his coworkers on zoom. For some reason he’s not eager to take advantage of his fame though. He could make a killing on Chatroulette or OnlyFans.

Decisions can’t be made with more than 3 people in a meeting. Anything larger than that is a retarded waste of time and money.
Fair enough, 2 or 3 is about right.
Both those same the people can get across what they mean to each other way quicker talking together, even remotely, than emailing each other.

OK, I just timed my (nearly full) Axe-Fx from powered off to fully up and running. It took 21.24 seconds. If you're in such a hurry that 21 seconds is too long, I'm surprised you find any time to play your guitars, lol. I'd much rather FAS spend their time on things that affect the sound or ease of use (song and set lists, for example) than on shortening a 21 second boot time.

OK, I just timed my (nearly full) Axe-Fx from powered off to fully up and running. It took 21.24 seconds. If you're in such a hurry that 21 seconds is too long, I'm surprised you find any time to play your guitars, lol. I'd much rather FAS spend their time on things that affect the sound or ease of use (song and set lists, for example) than on shortening a 21 second boot time.
It’s just unnecessary that’s all. If this forum took 20 seconds to load, we wouldn’t be posting so much here. We’d be playing instead. Or batin’ like Toobin. Path of least resistance works every time.

This exactly.

You need to have a real pair of of FRFR's with some good power and you need to crank it to really feel the difference. If you have that, there's virtually no comparison between 16 and any prior FW

It’s just unnecessary that’s all. If this forum took 20 seconds to load, we wouldn’t be posting so much here. We’d be playing instead. Or batin’ like Toobin. Path of least resistance works every time.
Well, Cygnus was unnecessary too, based on all the praise 15.01 was getting. I'd just rather see Cliff and the gang spend time on more important (to me) things.

Well, Cygnus was unnecessary too, based on all the praise 15.01 was getting. I'd just rather see Cliff and the gang spend time on more important (to me) things.
I'm sure they can walk and chew gum at the same time, although you're right - it's not a deal breaker by any means. Just a minor annoyance. I like my hardware to be ready to go the moment I turn it on. For a long time Nikon cameras were like that, and Canon weren't, so I'm a Nikon user. In the case of cameras this is pretty critical, actually (although I'm sure Canon apologists will argue otherwise) - you sometimes end up in a situation where the scene would be gone by the time your camera boots. Here, not so much, but, as they used to say at Google, "performance is a feature".

Cygnus is a huge leap forward in modeling tiny details and some bigger ones that remove the need for post-eqing, endless IR hunting and most importantly, it growls and screams.
You can't please everybody but cygnus was not even remotely a waste of time. I haven't stopped jamming on it daily since the first public beta and have never been happier with an "amp".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom