Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's opening back up....slowly.

I've played 8 nights since February, have a recording call scheduled for Thursday, a 7-night show in May, and 6 nights booked in June. Sparse, but slowly coming back.
Really? That seems unfathomable/hard to imagine.
we are in full lockdown here still, (UK), and there’s the threat of a third wave heading over from mainland Europe. It’s looking increasingly bleak at this point. Needless to say, the gig diary is well and truly empty.

we are in full lockdown here still, (UK), and there’s the threat of a third wave heading over from mainland Europe. It’s looking increasingly bleak at this point. Needless to say, the gig diary is well and truly empty.
Everything I've played has been to small, distanced audiences or have been online virtual shows....but they're still shows. The recording I'm doing Thursday is similar - in normal times it would be a live show, but will be recorded and distributed virtually instead.

FWIW, I've had the first vaccine shot, second will be be next week. By the time I play my next live show, I'll be at full immunity, as will most of the musicians for that call. Here in the US, we've had 124 million vaccinations given in a population of 325 million people, with 2.5 million more every day.. At the rate we're getting people vaccinated, by mid summer we'll be able to open back up.

Just hang on - better times are coming.

Yeah it’s going to be a long wait.
The only upside right now, I’m able to freely mess around with the beta, I keep it loaded up without having to cycle back for gigs etc.
Here in the UK, 36% of the population have had at least one dose of vaccine, so that’s pretty decent, as in mainland Europe it’s only 8% I hear. So, variants and surges permitting, it’s possible there could be some gigging on the horizon before the end of the year. Let’s see....

I was able to gig until recently, there wasn't any case here in Mauritius. Then we got a few and now the island is back into lockdown. Which sucks because my main band was working on its comeback, after a 13 years hiatus. Here's a recent rehearsal recording, using Cygnus (not the latest beta though)

For this other rehearsal the bass player and rhythm guitarist were not there so I recorded their parts afterwards. Still Cygnus, a version that was only available to beta testers

What is this ‘gigging’ of which you speak? Not seen the likes of it for a year now... #lockdown. 😩
The only real gigging rn seems to be happening in Florida. I quite often see Florida dates advertised under music vids on YouTube. I guess Texas and a few other states will join in shortly. Personally, I’m willing to risk (a tiny chance of) death to attend a live show at this point, and I wasn’t a huge fan of live shows before - they almost always sound worse than the record. That should give one a sense of how much pent up demand there is for live entertainment now.

That is sad to hear. It's different in the USA depending on which state you live in. I know a band in Ohio that has played every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Ohio through the whole last year and are still playing at least three days a week. My mom has a night club in Florida and they have bands play every weekend right now.

Is there an approximate date for the official release of Cygnus? From the reviews it looks like it is going to be great. I have not tried the beta yet as I am waiting for the Hiwatt to be updated.

Even though the hiwatt isn't updated it sounds great to my ears in Cygnus...I just stopped tweaking my "floyd" patch.

The only real gigging rn seems to be happening in Florida. I quite often see Florida dates advertised under music vids on YouTube. I guess Texas and a few other states will join in shortly. Personally, I’m willing to risk (a tiny chance of) death to attend a live show at this point, and I wasn’t a huge fan of live shows before - they almost always sound worse than the record. That should give one a sense of how much pent up demand there is for live entertainment now.
We were gonna see about getting on Alabama’s Furnace Fest in late Sept but my wife is due then 🤰🤷‍♂️

I was able to gig until recently, there wasn't any case here in Mauritius. Then we got a few and now the island is back into lockdown. Which sucks because my main band was working on its comeback, after a 13 years hiatus. Here's a recent rehearsal recording, using Cygnus (not the latest beta though)

For this other rehearsal the bass player and rhythm guitarist were not there so I recorded their parts afterwards. Still Cygnus, a version that was only available to beta testers

Sounds great. Love it.
The band is tight.

To the surprise of absolutely nobody who has done it already, I just listened back to some older recordings I made FW 15.01 and some recordings that I’ve made with FW 16b, and the difference is even more pronounced than I thought. The low end is much more real sounding in the new ones, it’s almost like it’s ‘bouncier’? The top end feels like it extends further but without being as harsh to listen to as well. Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day re-recording a bunch of stuff with new and improved amp sounds.

Sorry to hear it man. Looking at UK numbers. Cases are way down. Not sure why they can't open up at least some. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom