Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, the settings in a preset don't change with a new firmware.

Did you maybe reset the amp block?
Sorry man, yeah that’s what I’m getting at... it’s same preset, same settings, with amp block refreshed for the new firmware. it’s breaking up completely differently, and fuzzy now.

I rolled back to 15.01 but couldn’t get my last backup to load, so I’m at Beta 4 now and like the amp in Beta 4 so much better than Beta 5.

I’ll try to capture a recording today if I have time

Sorry man, yeah that’s what I’m getting at... it’s same preset, same settings, with amp block refreshed for the new firmware. it’s breaking up completely differently, and fuzzy now.

I rolled back to 15.01 but couldn’t get my last backup to load, so I’m at Beta 4 now and like the amp in Beta 4 so much better than Beta 5.

I’ll try to capture a recording today if I have time
Then use Beta 4. As I said earlier the amps are more aggressive. If you don't like that use an older firmware.

Sup? :)

I am really loving the Engl Savage in this Beta. (Even though I have somehow missed the Presence shift toggle before now...lol) It has been my main since it was added in the Axe-II and I actually Sold my real Savage to buy my first Ultra back in the day,, and this is the closest it has sounded to my old rig in FOREVER...LOVE IT Cliff,, I cant get enough......Thanks.

MOSHON
DAVE

Hi,
the USA 2C+ is normally updated but it sound very strange here, like a broken fuzz . dont know if someone tried it . dont think that's normal (and yes I have reboot the amp block etc etc ... )

in the 1987X normal , the bright switch button and also the bright cap dont act at all . the sound Is dark and impossible to make it super bright . I often use this tips in dark cleans and the difference is huge normally

edit : same with the 1959 (I am doing marshall one by one )
edit : same with plexi 100W

Last edited:

Digging the 1981 drive into the AC-30 with the neck pickup 👌 Cygnus rocks🤘View attachment 79937
Those Strandbergs are lovely.
True Temperament too! A bold move.

I had to choose between a Strandberg 6 string, or the AF3 with last year's refund.
The III rightfully won the struggle.

I love the tail cut, the ability to perch it on your thigh like a classical. Next time I'm in the guitar market that will likely be the one.

in the 1987X normal , the bright switch button and also the bright cap dont act at all . the sound Is dark and impossible to make it super bright . I often use this tips in dark cleans and the difference is huge normally

edit : same with the 1959 (I am doing marshall one by one )
edit : same with plexi 100W
The normal channel of a Plexi doesn't have a bright cap so turning it on won't do anything.

Those are "ghost notes". Same as the real amps. Increase B+ filtering or change supply to DC.
<sidebar>
Ghost notes. My old nemesis.

When I switched from the "L6" big floor unit to the AX8, I was concerned and kinda annoyed because ghost notes seemed much more apparent. I use headphones for most of my playing because of noise concerns... ("It's REALLY LOUD in there!" even though it was at a whisper, and "You ain't heard loud yet!") so the ghost notes were easy to hear.

Not understanding what I was hearing, I thought it was a problem with the hardware, and returned to my tube amps and sold the AX8 to a friend who immediately got the most amazing sound from it for his club work. I asked what he'd tweaked and he said "Nothing. I just plugged it into the FRFR and FOH." I walked away regretting the sale and wished I'd been smarter and showed more perseverance... lesson learned.

I'm now on a FM3 and a AF3 because I'm older and wiser, and celebrate the ghost notes because I know what they are and that they're a sign of modeling accuracy, so bring 'em on @Cliff. The FAS models can be sanded and polished, and the models of classic amps can have their warts. I'll kiss that toad.
</sidebar>

So ? No one cares about the 2C+ ?
I never tried a real one myself , but the sound in the axe is so strange, that's not possible there is a problem .
ok ok , I know it s bad to see videos in youtube , but this amp is similar to the jp2C not a big muff with no more battery
Tell me back if someone got the same feel

Just in case - after installing beta 5 should I reset all the amps. or It's ok only to listen the correct levels and overall sound, and the new biases will install automatically?

So ? No one cares about the 2C+ ?
I never tried a real one myself , but the sound in the axe is so strange, that's not possible there is a problem .
ok ok , I know it s bad to see videos in youtube , but this amp is similar to the jp2C not a big muff with no more battery
Tell me back if someone got the same feel

Maybe that one is not redone yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom