FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

Scene changes seem to be really fast as in when an amp channel change is involved; pretty sure I'm not imagining it? Thanks for the update, this thing never disappoints.

Just updated to 3.02.16154095497092743057755102521811.jpg1615409683455293665914980277264.jpg
Output 2 is still much less in volume output than Output 1 .
Still having to boost output global gain +12.
Am I missing something? These settings is with output 2 global eq at 0.00 gain

Just updated to 3.02.View attachment 79799View attachment 79800
Output 2 is still much less in volume output than Output 1 .
Still having to boost output global gain +12.
Am I missing something? These settings is with output 2 global eq at 0.00 gain
I don't think Out 2 with Copy ever matched Out 1's volume. definitely turn Out 2 up more.

to clarify, using the Out 2 block in the preset is much quieter than Out 1 because it's Unity Gain.

using the Out 2 Copy feature in the Setup menu should give more level at Out 2 than using an Out 2 block.

additionally, there was a bug in the beta where the Out 2 Copy had much less level than it should have. this is fixed in this release version. but again, i don't think it ever matched the level of Out 1 exactly.

Last edited:
I’m gonna hold off till the first Cygnus Beta, I like the Bias Excursion algorithm of 3.02b.
I did the same. I'm just using power amp and pi ex. at 100% and it makes me smile. I'll wait for Cygnus but till then I'm happy with the beta FW. I had no problems with it at all.

I’m gonna hold off till the first Cygnus Beta, I like the Bias Excursion algorithm of 3.02b.
The only thing i wonder though is
if Cygnus is not out for The 3 yet
and they pulled the bias excursion part out of the FM3
there is likely a chance Cliff is making some changes to it
just a guess

Thanks and much appreciated FAS and BryantP...lots of fixes and I've been finding the Performance Pages addition to the FM3 very useful...

The only thing i wonder though is
if Cygnus is not out for The 3 yet
and they pulled the bias excursion part out of the FM3
there is likely a chance Cliff is making some changes to it
just a guess
He probably is, but I like how everything is right now, so I’ll hold off till then.

The Master Time Control in "Plex Shift" and "Plex Detune" is not fixed!
I tried it direct in the Unit, as a Performance Control and in FM3-Edit 1.03.01 but nothing works.

Reactions: HIO
I don't think Out 2 with Copy ever matched Out 1's volume. definitely turn Out 2 up more.

to clarify, using the Out 2 block in the preset is much quieter than Out 1 because it's Unity Gain.

using the Out 2 Copy feature in the Setup menu should give more level at Out 2 than using an Out 2 block.

additionally, there was a bug in the beta where the Out 2 Copy had much less level than it should have. this is fixed in this release version. but again, i don't think it ever matched the level of Out 1 exactly.
I'm using copy output 1, no output 2 block is used. Thanks Chris.
From the last few weeks it hasn't changed according to my settings.

Back
Top Bottom