FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 is now available for download:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/3p0/fm3_dsp_rel_3p02.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this release: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-03-02.170930/

NOTE: This release contains exciting new features and fixes, but does NOT include CYGNUS amp modeling, which will be delivered in a future FM3 update.

Release Notes:
• Added Per-Preset and Global Performance Pages. These provide a new means of intuitive hands-on control of FM3 sound parameters with no menu delving required. (A PDF overview is included with the zip file containing this firmware release.)
• Added “Downtune” and “Display Mode” parameters to the Tuner, and added the option “All” to Tuner Input Source so it can track both input 1 and/or input 2.
• Added Setup: Global: Config “Output 1 EQ Type” and “Output 2 EQ Type” options for graphic or parametric, including the option to turn each EQ off.
• Added “Footswitch Tuner Mode” (Setup: FC Controllers: Config) which uses the onboard LED rings on the FM3 to help you tune visually.
• Added “Detector Type” (RMS or Peak) to the downward expander effect (Gate Block).
• Added Diffusion Amount and Time parameters to Crystal Echoes effect (Pitch block).
• Added Multitap Master Chorus rate and depth parameters.
• Added LFO High Cut parameter and markers to ADSR graphs.
• External Controller “Initial Values” can now be set to any value from 0 to 100%.
• Improved the rate of communication with a connected FC controller (especially FC-12).
• Improved how the FM3 remains connected to FM3-Edit after certain USB “sleep” activity.
• The UI is now more responsive when a high CPU preset is loaded.
• FC: Preset/Select in Bank switches will now flash after a bank change until you make a selection. This will not happen if your Bank switch is set to automatically load the FIRST or CURRENT preset in the new bank.
• FC: You can now install the “OMG9” FC settings directly from the SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset page of the FM3, with no download required. The OMG9 Owner’s Manual can be found at: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-OMG9-Manual.pdf
• FC Added: “2nd Press = Previous Scene” option to the Scene/Select function. When set to “ON” this allows you to press the footswitch for the current scene to return to the previous one.
• Fixed: Overlapping text when “Prompt on Edited Preset Change” is enabled.
• Fixed: Global Input and Output volumes now initialize correctly when an expression pedal is used. (These parameters are located on the “Setup: MIDI/Remote: Other” page.)
• Fixed: UI now updates when you disable Tuner “Use Offsets” in FM3-Edit while tuning.
• Fixed: “COPY SCENE” and “SWAP SCENE” now correctly copy or swap scene data in the Scene MIDI block and Control Switch “Per Scene” settings.
• Fixed zippering that occurred in some circumstances when using an external MIDI modifier.
• Fixed: Setting “Output 2 Copy” to anything other than “NONE” no longer overwrites the regular OUT2 signal.
• Fixed: Auto-engage now works consistently with modifiers on the amp and delay blocks.
• FC Fixed: the main LCD on a remote FC should now update correctly in all circumstances.
• Fixed: Activating the tuner with “hold” on a TEMPO switch will no longer affect the tempo.
• Fixed: the MIDI block UI now consistently displays the current scene.
• Fixed: Multiband Compressor now works as expected.
• Fixed: Global parameters under Midi/Remote now reset correctly to default values.
• Fixed: User Cab should no longer be able to accidentally overwrite Factory Cab 1.
• Fixed: Metronome OUT2 level should be correct in all cases.

Last edited:
Sweet. Too bad I'm at work. Did the bias excursion stuff not make it into the final release? Being released with the Cygnus update?

Thanks FAS, you've just given me an awful dilemma, update the FM3 or keep enjoying Cygnus on my III

Seriously great gear. Keep thinking about treating myself to a Kemper or try another Stomp for no other reason that I haven't had any new gear in ages, but I watch a few videos and wonder why should I bother as these FAS black boxes do all I need, just awesome you keep these things at the tip of the spear FOR FREE!!

Back
Top Bottom