FM3+FC-6?

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
How can I get the FM3 to control the FC6. Everything I try doesn’t seem to work. I am interested in like a modified omg9 set up but I want to be able to easily get to a different layout when I don’t use the fc6

How can I get the FM3 to control the FC6. Everything I try doesn’t seem to work. I am interested in like a modified omg9 set up but I want to be able to easily get to a different layout when I don’t use the fc6
Not clear as to what you want? OMG 9 is how to control the FC6 with the FM3.
But you also ask for how to do this without the FC 6? That's not clear to me.

Here’s how the FM3 can “control” the FC6: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ch-layout-the-fc6-selects.170304/post-2048751

The example describes an FC6 and FC12 with an Axe3 but the concepts are the same. From there, adjust what you need.

Just remember there are only 9 layouts shared among any FCs and FM3.
I think with your instructions I cracked the code. Does the links thing stay saved when I switch layouts? I used layout 4 for this but have 7 programmed to work with just FM3 and an audio switch. If I go to 7 when I return to 4 at a different give will I lose the links?

Not clear as to what you want? OMG 9 is how to control the FC6 with the FM3.
But you also ask for how to do this without the FC 6? That's not clear to me.
Basically I am want to used a modified omg9 with Fc6 but sometimes want to use a different layout that is just FM3 with a 2 two button aux switch

Layouts 4, and 7 are totally un-used in the vanilla OMG9 setup. You can create anything you want in these.
If you don't use the Looper, you can also reclaim layout 5.

The only setting you need to learn about is the following, which determines the layout that is selected when the FM3 boots:

SETUP> FC Control>Devices>FM3 Startup Layout

Though, to be honest, it's SO simple to use EXPORT ALL LAYOUTS and IMPORT ALL LAYOUTS in FM3 Edit, I can't imagine bothering with not just having two fully dedicated setups I could load to when using either the FM3 by itself or the FM3+FC-6.

I think with your instructions I cracked the code. Does the links thing stay saved when I switch layouts? I used layout 4 for this but have 7 programmed to work with just FM3 and an audio switch. If I go to 7 when I return to 4 at a different give will I lose the links?
Yup. Spin the E knob to choose Layout 7 when you want that. Choose Layout 8 when you use the OMG9 setup.

Layouts 4, and 7 are totally un-used in the vanilla OMG9 setup. You can create anything you want in these.
If you don't use the Looper, you can also reclaim layout 5.

The only setting you need to learn about is the following, which determines the layout that is selected when the FM3 boots:

SETUP> FC Control>Devices>FM3 Startup Layout

Though, to be honest, it's SO simple to use EXPORT ALL LAYOUTS and IMPORT ALL LAYOUTS in FM3 Edit, I can't imagine bothering with not just having two fully dedicated setups I could load to when using either the FM3 by itself or the FM3+FC-6.
Yup had to rethink what I wanted on boot up. I remembered this options when I set up my stand alone FM3 layout
Yup. Spin the E knob to choose Layout 7 when you want that. Choose Layout 8 when you use the OMG9 setup.
Perfect I will test it later but I believe I am all set.

I not sure if this is bug but under layout in edit where it has the button for FM3, fc6, fc12 it allows you to have more than one selected and I messed up a few times by mistake lol

I run pretty heavily modified FM3 standalone and OMG9 layouts. In both instances I’m using a 2-button stand-in switch which is plugged into the FM3 in standalone mode and the FC6 in OMG9 mode. And likewise for an expression pedal.

To manage the 2 different configurations I have separate system+gb+fc.syx files. If I make changes to the settings or layouts I create a new system backup file. Backup and restore are nearly instantaneous using just the system file. To switch from one configuration to the other I just restore the appropriate system file and reboot.

This seems to work really well. But beyond not being able to share my layouts, is there anything I’m exposed to using this approach.

Back
Top Bottom