AFIII Tribute to Eddie Van Halen (w/ free patch)

I finally had band practice last night. After pur first break, I pulled up this patch and never left it the rest of the night. Such a versatile preset that reacts so amazingly to the volume knob!

I’m out of town for the holidays w/o my FM3, but I’m pretty sure I just imported it like any other preset.
Thanks for the info, then I have to try it maybe with the latest firmware again, because all my attempts so far ended with a CPU warning :-(

Great job! Eddie’s work won’t be forgotten, no doubt. I remember being an 18 year old relatively new guitar player in 1978... the whole guitar playing landscape shifted again when the first record came out. Monumental player.

@ProgressiveRocco Thanks for posting this.

I noticed there is no filtering in the cab block and it sounds pretty harsh through PA speakers - do you typically cut any highs or lows.
Thanks!
Yeah this patch was created to be played on studio monitors and for direct recordings, If I'd have to play it through a PA I'd definitely filter out some lows and highs. Start with a low cut at 100hz/hi cut at 8khz and go by ear from there!

This sounds so freaking good. You're playing and everything is spot on. Never thought about putting a multiband comp for this type of tone, but the way it's set up it for sure gives it the high end sizzle the tone needs! Will be using this patch as a learning opportunity to enhance other presets I've made using a MBC. Thanks for sharing!

This sounds so freaking good. You're playing and everything is spot on. Never thought about putting a multiband comp for this type of tone, but the way it's set up it for sure gives it the high end sizzle the tone needs! Will be using this patch as a learning opportunity to enhance other presets I've made using a MBC. Thanks for sharing!

Too bad nobody knows the reason why the MBC is there and why those are the settings ;)

Yeah this patch was created to be played on studio monitors and for direct recordings, If I'd have to play it through a PA I'd definitely filter out some lows and highs. Start with a low cut at 100hz/hi cut at 8khz and go by ear from there!
Yeah, that is what I thought. Thanks Rocco!

Back
Top Bottom