Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrote that specific advanced parameters won’t reset without a manual reset. The amp changes are loaded regardless, but some parameters may not be at the new defaults. I cant link the original quote right now but maybe someone can.
No need, I gotcha! I thought if I was using a factory preset, there was no need to do a soft reset as the advanced parameters were at default and would update to the new default upon loading the preset. Apparently that's not the case, thanks Chris!

I just installed this and went directly to the Deluxe Tweed. I love the drive sound and the touch sensitive nature of the amp. What I found not realistic is the fact that I can't ungain it. I have a 58 Tweed Deluxe and if you keep the volume low enough you can get a perfectly decent clean sound. I have a friend with an earlier year Tweed Deluxe that would do quiet jazz gigs with his. I just had the input drive at 0 and input trim at .116. I didn't know you could even go that low, but sound comes out. There's still a hairy edge to the attack at this level which is a long way from clean.

Reactions: HIO
I just installed this and went directly to the Deluxe Tweed. I love the drive sound and the touch sensitive nature of the amp. What I found not realistic is the fact that I can't ungain it. I have a 58 Tweed Deluxe and if you keep the volume low enough you can get a perfectly decent clean sound. I have a friend with an earlier year Tweed Deluxe that would do quiet jazz gigs with his. I just had the input drive at 0 and input trim at .116. I didn't know you could even go that low, but sound comes out. There's still a hairy edge to the attack at this level which is a long way from clean.
You have to turn down the Normal Volume. If you didn't update Axe-Edit that control won't be visible.

Ok, I'm throwing in my 2 cents. I loaded 16 beta, love what I'm hearing and feeling. I mainly play Fender, Vox, Marshall types with the occasional Mesa MKIV. Every once in a while I need a high gain monster so after checking out the AC20 Deluxe (which imo is killer) I went to the Cameron, Splawn and Angle.
To me they do seem, not muddy but cloudy? Upper bass to lower mid heavy. I'm not real familiar with those amps so I loaded FW 15.01 and tried them again and they are much clearer although that chug weight is gone.
I am familiar with the Euro model (using the factory preset) and that didn't sound right until I did a soft rest. So I went back and did that with the Splawn and sure enough, it sounds awesome.
Next step is to use fractool and batch reset the amp block. Pretty sure that'll have me rocking. Pretty sure that Cliff wrote we don't need to do a reset as the amp will update upon loading the preset but I'm definitely hearing a difference.
I’ve done hours of dialing in on the SLO 100 an amp that I’ve owned. I totally love 15.01 it was easy to achieve the amp feel and sound for me. However 16.0 is off in so many ways. It does sounds tube like, but is sterile and neutral with less defined lower mids and less harmonics. The real amp had a certain power sag with artifacts of Harmonic distortion character. I’ve went back and forth between 15.01 and 16.0 trying to start from scratch by a rest and just can not achieve the feel or sound. With 16.0 I’ve played with some other amps what have been verified and like the changes. Hopefully my voice is heard and Cliff goes back closer to 15.01 with the SLO 100 ✌🏻

I used to think that too, and as a result hated fuzzes, but I learned it's just an acquired taste.

I used to think that too, and as a result hated fuzzes, but I learned it's just an acquired taste.
nothing acquired on this part. First time I heard Hey Hey My My I was hooked. Makes most metalbands sound like banjo combo's. Or 21th Century Schizoid Man. Or Hendrix live. Love at first hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom