Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I've recently got myself a Temple Audio Designs Duo 17 pedalboard for my FM3 and Dunlop Expression Pedal.
I had some bad experiences with the Type B USB interface on my FM3 so I had to act and get myself the DUO17 and an angled USB B to A lead connecting to a panel mounted USB A to A interface. This works superbly well, everything is securely connected with no movement and the USB A to A interface is very robust, I use a high quality USB A to A braided lead to connect my pedalboard to my laptop. I'm very very happy now :)

I will advise to would be temple audio buyers, don't bother getting the temple audio USB micro module as its way over priced, in the UK this micro module costs £50 !!! the USB A to A interface I purchased from an online electronics supplier cost £4, yes you are reading that right. TBH all the micro modules from TA are overpriced and you can get the same thing from electronic suppliers for a fraction of the cost.
I don't think I will be bothering with any other modules as the XLR outs, guitar input and IEC power outlet all seem very robust. Just having the USB interface mounted and my expression pedal mounted is a real time saver and keeps things together. I'm just a home player and have to setup wherever is free in the house. For anybody else wanting to do this, I have removed the FM3 side panels as the FM3 will not stay on the pedalboard using the temple audio locking templates and the whole purpose of this system is to use those templates which I love.
I personally love the FM3 without the side panels and gives a more robust look. I found using 4 medium size templates was perfect and is rock solid keeping the FM3 on the pedalboard. One large size template is not good enough and these templates are pretty cheap so getting 4 is no big deal.

Attachments

• MyRig1.jpg
    MyRig1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 229
  • MyRig2.jpg
    MyRig2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
  • MyRig3.jpg
    MyRig3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
I've recently got myself a Temple Audio Designs Duo 17 pedalboard for my FM3 and Dunlop Expression Pedal.
I had some bad experiences with the Type B USB interface on my FM3 so I had to act and get myself the DUO17 and an angled USB B to A lead connecting to a panel mounted USB A to A interface. This works superbly well, everything is securely connected with no movement and the USB A to A interface is very robust, I use a high quality USB A to A braided lead to connect my pedalboard to my laptop. I'm very very happy now :)

I will advise to would be temple audio buyers, don't bother getting the temple audio USB micro module as its way over priced, in the UK this micro module costs £50 !!! the USB A to A interface I purchased from an online electronics supplier cost £4, yes you are reading that right. TBH all the micro modules from TA are overpriced and you can get the same thing from electronic suppliers for a fraction of the cost.
I don't think I will be bothering with any other modules as the XLR outs, guitar input and IEC power outlet all seem very robust. Just having the USB interface mounted and my expression pedal mounted is a real time saver and keeps things together. I'm just a home player and have to setup wherever is free in the house. For anybody else wanting to do this, I have removed the FM3 side panels as the FM3 will not stay on the pedalboard using the temple audio locking templates and the whole purpose of this system is to use those templates which I love.
I personally love the FM3 without the side panels and gives a more robust look. I found using 4 medium size templates was perfect and is rock solid keeping the FM3 on the pedalboard. One large size template is not good enough and these templates are pretty cheap so getting 4 is no big deal.
Removing those plates is a time consuming and laborious process.

Seismic Audio, bought from Amazon.

Those are Squareplugs, sourced from Redco Audio.

All of the black cabling is either Mogami 2552 or 2319 and the orange cabling is Canare star quad. I soldered everything together.
Thanks - I notice that they have TRS versions too, fantastic! Smallest i've seen, good for us svelte pedalboard guys

I should note that the XLRs are an EXTREMELY tight fit, even with the angled connectors. They make positive contact but there is a bit of "give" that makes it possible. It looks and performs fine but it took a slight amount of force to fit correctly.

The other issue I had is the IEC extension/splitter cable came loose on the underside. I ended up using some more zip ties which you can see in the pictures. So far it's holding but if it comes loose again I think I'm just going to glue the connectors together.

Back
Top Bottom