Axe-Edit III 1.08.08 (supports fw 16.00 public beta)

Shoot, I was good to go for at least an hour, but now I’m getting communication time outs with two different cables, two different computers, and several different uninstall/reinstalls of the latest axe edit. Bummer

Update: When I found a third cable I almost didn’t even bother plugging it in and trying it. I was just dying to rename all my scenes and switches, and I wasn’t going to do that via the front panel, lol. Third cable worked on both computers. I really did have two USB cables die simultaneously

Last edited:
On my iMac (2015, running macOS Big Sur 11.2.1), if I click the Controllers button, I can't get out of it w/o selecting another button like Quick Build and then unclicking that button or clicking on the grid. Does that make sense? EDIT see vid below

1613932641826.png

Thank you! I see a few additions that were mentioned in the wish category. Thank you for that too.

Harm

Hello....just a quick observation for Block Library Saving:

Great to have the Save/Save As/Overwrite updates....thanks.

But....I'm noticing that a saved block's name in the selector tab once edited turns grey as usual (to tell you it has been edited)....then if I save it (replacing existing) it stays grey....ie: no change back to white to indicate you are hearing the saved version. It does save properly just does not update color in name tab.

As we are all editing existing blocks with new Cygnus FW it would be great to have this fixed so you know if the current live version of a block is same as the saved version.

On my iMac (2015, running macOS Big Sur 11.2.1), if I click the Controllers button, I can't get out of it w/o selecting another button like Quick Build and then unclicking that button or clicking on the grid. Does that make sense? EDIT see vid below

View attachment 78928

That has been that way for a while.

Clicking the Controllers button when it is already open does not close it, as many might expect.

That has been that way for a while.

Clicking the Controllers button when it is already open does not close it, as many might expect.
Yeah. It’s more like a block than a menu. If you click the same block again (not a double click) you don’t exit the block.

have you checked the actual file/size/location? if yes, use some other browser to download it.
Yes, it was around 10mb (I believe) and I tried in both Safari and Chrome. First time seeing this after having done a number of manual installs in the past.

Update: Downloaded on iPhone and AirDropped to the Mac and it worked. I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Last edited:
Axe-Edit III 1.08.0, which supports firmware 16.00 public beta, is available below:

OSX:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v1p08p08.dmg

Win32:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win32-v1p08p08.exe

Win 64:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v1p08p08.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.08.08
FEBRUARY 19, 2021

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 15.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 16.00 public beta
o Updated the AMP layouts.

* The "Available Devices" dialog is displayed if more than one Axe-Fx III device is connected and powered on when launching the application.
o When connecting to a device from the "Available Devices" dialog, the Presets and User Cabs of the selected device will always be queried regardless of the options selected in the Preferences dialog.
o On Windows, if you have more than one Axe-Fx III connected and powered on but the "Available Devices" dialog is not shown when the editor is launched, please check the "FASUSBAudio Control Panel" applet in the System Tray. If the applet's Status tab does not show a dropdown in the "USB Audio Device", then the USB driver has not loaded both devices. Please disconnect and reconnect one of the device's USB cables until both devices are shown in the applet. If the applet does not "see" the devices then the editor will not see them either.

* Modified the Block Library's "Save" and "Save As" functionality to display a prompt to overwrite an existing block if the entered name matches an existing block library entry.

* The "Preset Leveling" panel has been given a hotkey to toggle its view state. (Mac: Command+L . Windows: Ctrl+L)

* Added the ability to name the Axe-Fx III device from the SETUP Config page using the "Device Name" field.
o The editor will display the device name under the "Connected!" icon, found in the upper-left hand portion of the window.
o The Axe-Fx III will display the device name in the upper-left hand corner of the HOME screen. If the editor's name field is empty then the HOME screen will display the default "Axe-Fx III".
o The "Available Devices" dialog will also display each connected device's name when set.

* Added a "Recent Presets" submenu to the top-level Presets menu. This menu is also available by Ctrl+Clicking (Windows) or Command+Clicking (macOS) the Presets button. This menu holds up to 10 of the most-recently-used presets and is saved/loaded between invocations of the editor.

* Added the assigned Filter Colors from the Amp and Cab picker to the Manage Presets and Manage Cabs window.

* Added Next and Previous search buttons to the Manage Presets and Manage Cabs windows.

* Added a Browser toggle button to show/hide the Browser pane in the Manage Presets and Manage Cabs windows.

* Modified the INPUT layout so that the Auto Impedance displays the dynamic impedance from the device.

* Updated internal Fractal-Bot to version 3.0.8.
So can I update to this version of axe edit and NOT the new Cygnus firmware? Or do I have to do them together?

Back
Top Bottom