I'm pretty disappointed and upset...at myself, for not having bought the FM3 sooner! FRACTAL > all others

I received my FM3 - my first Fractal device - last week, and I'd love to share my experience.

I had been alternating between NDSP plugins and the HX Stomp for while, but I always found my real amps+load box to be more tridimensional. Notes "blossomed" as the pick plucked through the strings on the real amp, and that satisfying feeling made me play better. It's like I was more connected to the instrument. As a result, I always favored recording through the amps, and using digital rigs for convenience.

Then came the FM3, and everything I was previously missing was finally there. It's the first time I truly don't miss playing through a real amp, and I'm barely just scratching the surface. I love this thing so much that I'm actually upset at myself for not having pulled the trigger sooner. For some reason I thought NDSP was the ceiling for digital modelling (I blame the internet), and I thought FAS was on a similar level, but that's simply not true. Fractal is the ceiling.

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!

I received my FM3 - my first Fractal device - last week, and I'd love to share my experience.

I had been alternating between NDSP plugins and the HX Stomp for while, but I always found my real amps+load box to be more tridimensional. Notes "blossomed" as the pick plucked through the strings on the real amp, and that satisfying feeling made me play better. It's like I was more connected to the instrument. As a result, I always favored recording through the amps, and using digital rigs for convenience.

Then came the FM3, and everything I was previously missing was finally there. It's the first time I truly don't miss playing through a real amp, and I'm barely just scratching the surface. I love this thing so much that I'm actually upset at myself for not having pulled the trigger sooner. For some reason I thought NDSP was the ceiling for digital modelling (I blame the internet), and I thought FAS was on a similar level, but that's simply not true. Fractal is the ceiling.

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!
Have you ever compared to a kemper?

Thanks @FractalAudio !!!
Welcome and enjoy the journey!

I sold all my amps and pedals and got a QSC K.12 2000w Pa and its all I need for my live setup and recording, My FM3 has recently come to life even more with the Live Gold preset pack too, might not ever go back to analog, and I love analog, welcome to the Fractal world Daniele.

I have the same experience as the OP.. I tried nearly everything before getting the FM3 about a month ago. I was never satisfied with anything else completely. But that all changed with the FM3.

Kemper was my first venture into the higher end/expensive profiler/modeler world and I was really disappointed in it. It was the worst sounding of them all IMO. I guess it is all about the profiles but I never found one I liked.

I have the same experience as the OP.. I tried nearly everything before getting the FM3 about a month ago. I was never satisfied with anything else completely. But that all changed with the FM3.

Kemper was my first venture into the higher end/expensive profiler/modeler world and I was really disappointed in it. It was the worst sounding of them all IMO. I guess it is all about the profiles but I never found one I liked.
This is why I want to try FM3. I have a kemper and do like it for the most part but i think i would like modeling better honestly. I think Id rather pick "Friedman model"and mess around with EQ (which is supposed to behave like a normal amp right?) as opposed to going through lots of Friedman profiles which could all be set at different EQ's. I do think the kemper sounds good for the most part though

I wish I'd started with Fractal too but I always considered it to be too professional and not for someone like me who plays for fun and not pay. I would have saved so much time and money in pedals, amps, other floor modelers, etc.
It's interesting, while the Fractal stuff is definitely the most advanced out there, what I love is that you can live a very happy life without even touching the advanced amp parameters. It's funny, I shied away from Fractal for a while because I thought I was going to fall into the rabbit hole of spending my life tweaking advanced amp parameters rather than playing, but the reality is that most amp models are immediately satisfying with very little tweaking.

This is why I want to try FM3. I have a kemper and do like it for the most part but i think i would like modeling better honestly. I think Id rather pick "Friedman model"and mess around with EQ (which is supposed to behave like a normal amp right?) as opposed to going through lots of Friedman profiles which could all be set at different EQ's. I do think the kemper sounds good for the most part though
100%, get the FM3, dial it in like a normal amp, and claim your life back from scrolling through profiles :D
Also, the Friedman models in the FM3 are out of this world.

I never really clicked with the Kemper either, something off with the feel. The HX Stomp is still a great friend; I wouldn't record with it - FM3 all the way! - but it'd still totally use it for rehearsals and shows.

It's interesting, while the Fractal stuff is definitely the most advanced out there, what I love is that you can live a very happy life without even touching the advanced amp parameters. It's funny, I shied away from Fractal for a while because I thought I was going to fall into the rabbit hole of spending my life tweaking advanced amp parameters rather than playing, but the reality is that most amp models are immediately satisfying with very little tweaking.
Yeah, I haven't done any tweaking at all... I am totally satisfied with the presets. Now I just play and don't waste time tweaking though I do plan on getting the Cooper FM3 course someday.. don't need it but why not :)

Friedman Brown eye in the Live Gold pack is Very fun to play and track with so are the JMP models but my fave is the Recto with front boost wow killer for heavy tones

Back
Top Bottom