Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 100w 5153 channels seem off to me with the input drive....the 12:00 sounds like barely edge of breakup and I'm using HetSet pickups. The 50w blue is very crushing however.

Noting wrong with it, IMHO. Check your guitar, cables, reset the Amp block, check Input 1 Gain in Setup > I/O > Audio.

Noting wrong with it, IMHO. Check your guitar, cables, reset the Amp block, check Input 1 Gain in Setup > I/O > Audio.
Man.....must be all the power outages and cold I've experienced down in Texas this week but it was pure user error.....my G10S I use wasn't plugged in all the way on the floor. I knew it had to be something I was doing. Thanks, yek! The 5153 red just melted my face off.

Reactions: yek
Just some quick fun with a bastardized MKIV Sykes patch @2112 made a while ago.

Not reamped but same couple of chords played with same settings but one is 16b and the other is 15.02. You can not only clearly hear the difference but def feel the difference as well.

EDIT - Ugh there is some light processing in my DAW - nothing major but I should have done a direct out...

To be clear I didn’t reset the amp in the 16b version. I know resetting does some cool stuff with new fw but in this example it’s literally the same exact settings as the 15.02 version but on a different AxeFX III (I temporarily have two until I get off my ass and sell my Mark 1).

Man.....must be all the power outages and cold I've experienced down in Texas this week but it was pure user error.....my G10S I use wasn't plugged in all the way on the floor. I knew it had to be something I was doing. Thanks, yek! The 5153 red just melted my face off.

Good to hear!

So waiting for my FM3 to directly compare myself. What I think I hear from some of the A/B tests out there (especially McCordy's) is the amp models are way more responsive to dynamics (subtle eq and breakup changes based on playing dynamics). Sounds much better to me. Looking forward to playing some more and doing a comparison.

I'm not sure if I am just hearing things but personally I feel my pickups sound much more individual than before (ie there is much more of a difference in tones between the neck, middle, and bridge). It's like the tonal palette I have to work with increased. Again this could be all mental since I haven't directly compared yet so we will see...

Does anyone else hear any of these changes?

I read somewhere that the manufacturer that they source their transformers from went out of business and they are trying to source a new supplier. Not sure if that’s fact or not, but definitely a possibility.

PAGING MR PETRUCCI !!

Just installed and had a play. On some amps the difference was noticeable but small (Plexi 50), on others it was massive (Friedman BE - wow). All in all, it seems to upgrade what were already amazing amp tones. Thanks, Cliff.

The Good: Mark IV and Triaxis models sound really really good

The challenging: The Precision Drive seems to behave differently with the amps now, will take some time to fine tune that one

The weird: The 5150 III Red doesn't sound right. Both of the Blue Models sound amazing, but the Red just doesn't sound right. It does not chug anymore. I pulled it up on a blank preset to make sure it wasn't something with my existing one and it just sounds odd. Might be another one that just needs more work to get used to?

PS: Joking (and my mediocre playing) aside, I felt that the clip above demonstrates nicely that Cygnus is NOT just about "chug". There is a vocal growling quality that was hard to achieve before without overwhelming the powerfulness of the sound.

In other words, it sounds better, and more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom