To Pull This Off at Age 69 Is Incredible

I remember listening to ELO songs back when I was kid. I can recall my dad using those songs to help teach me harmony and theory. Later on, these songs taught me songwriting skills and production. Truly a great talent. His music isn't for everyone, but good songs are good songs regardless of genre.

Never heard of this group or song before today and I just finished going down the wikipedia rabbit hole for ELO while streaming A New World Record. What a great time to be a music nerd with an internet connection!

Who would you guys consider to be some of ELO's contemporaries or artists of a similar time and style?

I was only 5, but hearing this takes me back to when this was released. My dad had just gotten a new stereo system and this album was one of the first things he played on it. I still remember my mom yelling at him to turn it down. It sounded too good to turn down though.

Never heard of this group or song before today and I just finished going down the wikipedia rabbit hole for ELO while streaming A New World Record. What a great time to be a music nerd with an internet connection!

Who would you guys consider to be some of ELO's contemporaries or artists of a similar time and style?
Oh man, that was the golden age. That was the age of Journey, Boston, Wings, The Cars, Rush, Heart and on and on. Then you had the mellow "AM Gold": Bread, Player, Ace, Ambrosia, America, etc., etc.

Since I'm old I get to say "Today's music is crap! Get off my lawn."

Go listen to the Guardian's of the Galaxy soundtrack for a great cross section of tunes from that era. My kid's loving Mr. Blue Sky cranked on the stereo was an unexpected happy surprise from watching GotG with them.

Wow, really a great song. I think I could do without the strings but harmony singing over a nice melody like this makes me just happy.

Back
Top Bottom