Cygnus Beta - first impressions

The high gain stuff is sounding fantastic so far too. I posted this in the beta team discussion.

"The FAS Brootalz is immediately satisfying for high gain. Here's a clip that's just guitar (albeit with strings that are due for a change) -> Amp -> Cab. The Amp is at the stock settings with no boost. i'm using a greenback IR."

The high gain stuff is sounding fantastic so far too. I posted this in the beta team discussion.

"The FAS Brootalz is immediately satisfying for high gain. Here's a clip that's just guitar (albeit with strings that are due for a change) -> Amp -> Cab. The Amp is at the stock settings with no boost. i'm using a greenback IR."

cool ! I was hoping to hear some high gain stuff. Thx !

How are the heavier gain Mesas ?

How would you describe the tone and feel difference of Cygnus compared to 15.01? :)

chit chit yee
CHUG CHUG YOW

I believe we have found the chug!

I'm not a metal player, but the low-end "chug" is more organic and alive than anything I've heard before. It's really impressive!

The new preamp code is affecting everything down the line. I'm looking forward to having it in my devices.

So I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my AxeFx and 15 sounds so good. I was looking at the FB page and there was a firmware release for 14 in November! What? Is that right? And now 16 already? 🤯

Depends upon the version/era of the amp. My understanding is the original was 6550 powered, then moved to EL34 and on to the KT77. Yek's write up on the VH4 model used is the earlier 6550 powered model. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ls-das-metall-and-dizzy-v4-diezel-vh4.112971/
And they used 6L6s before 6550s! EL34s are my personal favorite in the amp overall. I met with their distributor in the early 2000's. He said a well known guitarist was fond of Ruby 6L6's in his amp, and that they were shipping with 6L6s at the time. I tried them and couldn't find that tone on the gain channels. But the clean channel was phenomenal with those tubes. On that note, this wish list topic is worth highlighting..
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dizzy-v4-channel-1.160142/

Back
Top Bottom