Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
So, I downloaded FracPad Lite to try it out before pulling the trigger on the paid version and it will not connect to my FM3. I’m using a USB A to B cable and an official Apple Lightning to USB A adaptor, connected to an iPhone X. Any ideas?

So, I downloaded FracPad Lite to try it out before pulling the trigger on the paid version and it will not connect to my FM3. I’m using a USB A to B cable and an official Apple Lightning to USB A adaptor, connected to an iPhone X. Any ideas?
Read the op. For fm3, only usb midi adapter or yamaha md-bt01

Question: on the FM3 I have the tuner configuration for the output set to mute. When I enter the tuner using the Fracpad, it does not mute and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it, is this correct?

Question: on the FM3 I have the tuner configuration for the output set to mute. When I enter the tuner using the Fracpad, it does not mute and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it, is this correct?
For what i remember, FracPad just asks the fm3 to enter tuner mode and receives tuner data, so if it doesn't mute maybe it's a bug on fm3... What happens when you do the same on fm3-edit?

For what i remember, FracPad just asks the fm3 to enter tuner mode and receives tuner data, so if it doesn't mute maybe it's a bug on fm3... What happens when you do the same on fm3-edi?
It mutes it.

There is a configuration for the tuner and under output you can select "Mute". Why the fracpad doesn't just mirror that, I don't know. It changes the output configuration for the tuner or just ingnores the configuration.

For live use, obviously, most people want the tuner to mute. I consider that very important, it would be nice if the fracpad did that too.

It mutes it.

There is a configuration for the tuner and under output you can select "Mute". Why the fracpad doesn't just mirror that, I don't know. It changes the output configuration for the tuner or just ingnores the configuration.

For live use, obviously, most people want the tuner to mute. I consider that very important, it would be nice if the fracpad did that too.
Ok, i'll check this, probably a difference in the way the tuner is activated

I haven't read all 3k posts, but I wanna just say thanks for a GREAT app! I was able to plug n play, and make quick tweaks at the gig!

I also love the tuner graphic, very cool and nice and large so the string players playing through my axe fx can see the display across the room!

Great job and keep it up!

Quick question, is there any way to prevent 'jumps' on the value dial when releasing your finger? For eg, I turn the control from 5 to 6, but when I release it goes to 7 or something.

I haven't read all 3k posts, but I wanna just say thanks for a GREAT app! I was able to plug n play, and make quick tweaks at the gig!

I also love the tuner graphic, very cool and nice and large so the string players playing through my axe fx can see the display across the room!

Quick question, is there any way to prevent 'jumps' on the value dial when releasing your finger? For eg, I turn the control from 5 to 6, but when I release it goes to 7 or something.
Strange, can't reproduce this behavior, are your knobs set to circular mode or linear?

I get that too. Changing from knobs to sliders helped somewhat but I tend to just enter the values through the keyboard to avoid those jumps on finger release.

I get that too. Changing from knobs to sliders helped somewhat but I tend to just enter the values through the keyboard to avoid those jumps on finger release.
Ah yeah maybe I should try a Bluetooth keyboard 🤔
I rather less things to worry about at a gig though😅
I'll use the sliders and see if that works better, good suggestion 😉

Has anyone gotten this to work with an FM3? I have a Windows 10 Tablet PC, the FM3 and a Yamaha MD-BT01. I was able to install the Fracpad software on the tablet despite Microsoft's best efforts to stop that. The Bluetooth has found the MD-BT01. But the Fracpad is hung up on "Not connecting." The help menu has troubleshooting instructions for every product BUT the FM3.

Ah yeah maybe I should try a Bluetooth keyboard 🤔
I rather less things to worry about at a gig though😅
I'll use the sliders and see if that works better, good suggestion 😉
Not a physical keyboard, the virtual one on the ipad or iPhone. Double tapping or holding (can’t remember which) allows you to enter values directly using the on-screen keyboard.

Reactions: jon
Has anyone gotten this to work with an FM3? I have a Windows 10 Tablet PC, the FM3 and a Yamaha MD-BT01. I was able to install the Fracpad software on the tablet despite Microsoft's best efforts to stop that. The Bluetooth has found the MD-BT01. But the Fracpad is hung up on "Not connecting." The help menu has troubleshooting instructions for every product BUT the FM3.
may sound stupid but double-check your connections I had that issue too, finally found I believe it was the lightning connector to my iPad that needed to be pushed in just ever slightly more.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have some sort of manual for the FM3, even just basics. As for the "just press buttons and you will figure it out" technique, the very first time I tried that it said "deleting preset" which it did. Also using it the first time today at rehearsals, I attempted to press the button that shows all the presets and names and I'm not sure what I pressed instead but it said "deleting all presets" or removing them, anyways it erased all the presets and it initially looked as though it had done the same in the actual FM3 though a reboot brought them back to the unit. I still don't know what I pressed that caused either of those things to happen nor do I have anyways to find out except to backup presets and go poking around again.

Just a thought. It's a very handy thing and like most things putting it into regular use will usually reveal a few tweaks needed.

Bluetooth operating is only supported on iOS and Android, asi don't have a Bluetooth device on Windows i couldn't try it

It would be nice to have some sort of manual for the FM3, even just basics. As for the "just press buttons and you will figure it out" technique, the very first time I tried that it said "deleting preset" which it did. Also using it the first time today at rehearsals, I attempted to press the button that shows all the presets and names and I'm not sure what I pressed instead but it said "deleting all presets" or removing them, anyways it erased all the presets and it initially looked as though it had done the same in the actual FM3 though a reboot brought them back to the unit. I still don't know what I pressed that caused either of those things to happen nor do I have anyways to find out except to backup presets and go poking around again.

Just a thought. It's a very handy thing and like most things putting it into regular use will usually reveal a few tweaks needed.
FracPad doesn't allow to delete presets so this is not possible

Bluetooth operating is only supported on iOS and Android, asi don't have a Bluetooth device on Windows i couldn't try it
Thanks. When I rechecked the Wiki connection info I only saw IOS for the FM3. Can I connect to an FM3 with a Windows 10 tablet?

Back
Top Bottom