Anyone On the G66 Waitlist For The Red Sound Elis 8's?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe. I'm just interested to see if anyone is on the waitlist with G66 for the Red Sound Elis 8's?

If so did you go with the stereo bundle or just a single one? I went for the stereo bundle and sold off one of my Friedman FRFR's to buy them. I saw on my FB feed that G66 had stock arrive at the end of last week. Hopefully an invite is coming this week at some point.

Anyway looking forward to finally receiving them.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I got my invite on sunday and I allready payed.
So my Stereo bundle should arrivierten this week.
I had the oportunity to hear them before and I can tell you that you won‘t be dissapointed!
Best FRFR speaker that I trief so gar.
Cheers
Sash

Hi Paul,
I got my invite on sunday and I allready payed.
So my Stereo bundle should arrivierten this week.
I had the oportunity to hear them before and I can tell you that you won‘t be dissapointed!
Best FRFR speaker that I trief so gar.
Cheers
Sash

Hi Sash,

Thanks for the reply. Awesome news! Hopefully I should get my invite anyday now. Really looking forward to getting them. Sounds like you're one of the first on the waitlist.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Sash,

Thanks for the reply. Awesome news! Hopefully I should get my invite anyday now. Really looking forward to getting them. Sounds like you're one of the first on the waitlist.

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,
yes, I think I must have been ohne in the first ones on the List, after hearing them live ist was a no brainer, you will definitely love them.
The MF10 are Great to but the form factor and punch from the Elis8 are unreal!

Stay healthy, all the best,
Sash

Would you say that it's useless to get them if you can only get 1 and not 2 for stereo? I don't think I have enough space for 2 :/

Would you say that it's useless to get them if you can only get 1 and not 2 for stereo? I don't think I have enough space for 2 :/
Not at all. You can still run one in mono. I plan on doing the same if I can only take one to a gig or rehearsals.

The Elis 8 are really small but yeas of course you can use one by its alone, or a MF10.

Just got my invite this morning from Sussi and have just paid. Unfortunately due to Brexit over here in the UK, there might be a delay in shipping from UPS with customs etc and Covid. Worth the wait though. I have to now pay 20% VAT to UPS probably before the Elis 8's are delivered I would imagine.

Be prepared for a bit of a wait Paul, UPS are struggling with all this at the moment. I bought a guitar from Thomman in germany , despatched 21st January, and it is due to turn up on monday, so 24 days, Pre brexit would of been 3 days. UPS really struggling with processing stuff, not ideal on a £5k guitar to be left for weeks in cold warehouses with these freezing temps, but what can you do?...exasperated by the fact UPS dont answer the phone etc...nightmare
And then if u get something from the states Fedex can get it in 3 days door to door. UPS ..need to sort themselves out!

Be prepared for a bit of a wait Paul, UPS are struggling with all this at the moment. I bought a guitar from Thomman in germany , despatched 21st January, and it is due to turn up on monday, so 24 days, Pre brexit would of been 3 days. UPS really struggling with processing stuff, not ideal on a £5k guitar to be left for weeks in cold warehouses with these freezing temps, but what can you do?...exasperated by the fact UPS dont answer the phone etc...nightmare
And then if u get something from the states Fedex can get it in 3 days door to door. UPS ..need to sort themselves out!

Thanks for the heads up Chris, Sussi mentioned it might be a bit of a wait before they are able to deliver. At the moment UPS are quoting thurs next week but that will change I'm sure. You're right 3-4 days max usually from Germany before Brexit. Did you pay your VAT and surcharge yet? I'm interested to see how much it will all cost.

yep £1276.84 in my case..guitar was £5444, so 20% vat would be £1089, other 187.84 fees etc....they send a link through tracking to pay once it lands in the Uk for clearence

yep £1276.84 in my case..guitar was £5444, so 20% vat would be £1089, other 187.84 fees etc....they send a link through tracking to pay once it lands in the Uk for clearence

Ouch! well we all knew this was gonna happen eventually. Prices have increased a lot. Take the Music Man Majesty for example used to cost £3499 over here. They've now gone up to £4699. Crazy!

Just an update in case anyone is interested. My Elis 8's were dispatched on Friday last week and were scheduled for delivery thurs the 18th of feb. There was a slight delay yesterday and delivery is now scheduled for Friday the 19th of feb. I can can confirm they've cleared customs so I'm just waiting to see what happens next. Hopefully there's no further delays.

Will post how much it all ended up costing with VAT and UPS surcharge when I know.

Another update for you all. My Elis 8's have just turned up from UPS a day earlier then they originally estimated. Really happy with that. Just for those that are interested here's what it ended up costing me with VAT etc to the UK. I was pleasantly surprised with the total amount to pay as I'm sure they were going to cost more then I originally thought.

I'll give them a blast tonight and report back.

Elis 8's were - £782-65 - Payment to G66 via Paypal.

UPS fee's and VAT - £153-11

Total - £935.76

Last edited:
My Elis8 arrived yesterday and all I can say from is that they are absolutely stunning.
I had the opportunity to hear them with the MF10 before.
I will do a larger and louder test on weekend.
But actually I’m more than impressed.

My Elis8 arrived yesterday and all I can say from is that they are absolutely stunning.
I had the opportunity to hear them with the MF10 before.
I will do a larger and louder test on weekend.
But actually I’m more than impressed.
I had the chance to plug them in last night with my Axe III. They sound fantastic! The fact you can just turn them on and none of my presets needed any tweaking whatsoever they translate really well with my studio monitors when I create or use any of my presets. I'm wondering if it's worth getting a small power amp like the Powerstage 170 and using it with the passive cab as well just as a backup just in case.

I actually like them so much I've decided to sell my Friedman ASC-10 and get on the wait list for one of the active MF10's. I can't recommend them enough.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe. I'm just interested to see if anyone is on the waitlist with G66 for the Red Sound Elis 8's?

If so did you go with the stereo bundle or just a single one? I went for the stereo bundle and sold off one of my Friedman FRFR's to buy them. I saw on my FB feed that G66 had stock arrive at the end of last week. Hopefully an invite is coming this week at some point.

Anyway looking forward to finally receiving them.

Paul
Is the stereo bundle the active speakers or passive? I might get a pair of these.

Is the stereo bundle the active speakers or passive? I might get a pair of these.

One is active and the other is passive. You basically plug in whatever output L & R you want to use to the active one and then you send another cable out to the passive one. It's 3 cables in total you use to do that. You won't be disappointed they sound fantastic!

You send the L cable for example to the active one, and then there is throughput from the active monitor to the passive? Wouldn't you be getting dual mono then instead of stereo?

You send the L cable for example to the active one, and then there is throughput from the active monitor to the passive? Wouldn't you be getting dual mono then instead of stereo?
You connect like this for example

Axe/FM3 Out L - Input L on the Active cab
Axe/FM3 Out R - Input r on the Active cab

Then there's a "power out left" connection to the passive cab.

Check out the manual on G66's website, I can't attach it here unfortunately as its too big.

elis8-catalog.pdf

Back
Top Bottom