Van Halen - “Runnin' With The Devil” Preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, another VH preset, thought i'd share my Runnin' With The Devil preset, as soon as i heard this song many years ago i was hooked, what an absolute belter for an opening song on their debut album.

I made this on my Axe-Fx III and converted so you'll have to see how it turns out, i've minimalized it as much as i could but you could change the reverb quality too.

It has 2 scenes, Rhythm and the solo, simple.
I'm using a third party IR (PT) which i've included (see the screen shot)
Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 14.25.37.png
I do all these presets for free so if you like my video's i'd appreciate you subscribing to my YouTube channel, only if you wish.

Thanks and enjoy.

Attachments

• Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx III).syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 214
  • MP Runnin' With The Devil FM3(FM3).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Hi all, another VH preset, thought i'd share my Runnin' With The Devil preset, as soon as i heard this song many years ago i was hooked, what an absolute belter for an opening song on their debut album.

This song rocked my world. First time I heard it. I was in high school at a friends house listening to LP's at loud volume. (maybe or maybe not under the influence) The 1st bass notes of that song. (open E just pounding to breakup) I was hooked on that instrument. At the time I didn't even know what it was, but it was so powerful, it shook the walls. Then the guitar kicked in and I knew I had to learn play music, it moved me. RIP Eddie.

Last edited:
If the guitar sounds too hot on this preset, where should I start adjusting?? Gain, EQ, etc???

If the guitar sounds too hot on this preset, where should I start adjusting?? Gain, EQ, etc???
Maybe try cutting the input trim on the amp first. That should do the trick just depends how hot it is. You could take down the gain a bit on the amp but that will affect the bass and top end response of the sound.

Maybe try cutting the input trim on the amp first. That should do the trick just depends how hot it is. You could take down the gain a bit on the amp but that will affect the bass and top end response of the sound.

Thanks, I’ll try that

Awesome tune and great play...IRs be loaded into respective USER's slots?
How they should be deal with? Thank you again!
Thanks, I'm only using one IR so you can put that into any user slot but if you put it into a different one from mine just change it on the Cab page to the slot you're using.
Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing this. I downloaded and played with it, really captures the tone of Eddie's guitar. Don't normally do EVH covers, might be worth a try though cause it sure is fun.

Thanks for sharing this. I downloaded and played with it, really captures the tone of Eddie's guitar. Don't normally do EVH covers, might be worth a try though cause it sure is fun.
No problem mate, I’m glad you liked it. It is so much fun and love Eddie’s tone.

Reactions: TNJ
Back
Top Bottom