Mfc 101 III dropping out

dover1982

Hi guys, I've recently started having an issue with my mfc 101 III. I'm using axe II XL+. Both have latest firmware. I'm connected via ether net. I have also tried different ethernet cable. What happens is it will randomly lose connection to axe fx. The preset I'm playin on will still be active but on the mfc it just displays X000 and I can't change preset or switch scenes or change effects on/off. I have to pull cable out of mfc and plug it back in, wait for it to start and away I go again. It's completely random when it happens. We are about to start playing live again and I'm worried this will happen during a show. Anyone experienced this issue or have a fix? Or is my mfc cooked....

Why not just use FASlink with an XLR cable? Much more reliable...

Could be your EtherCon port has a problem on one of the devices.

Nah I haven't tried an XLR yet. I'll grab one and try it out later. I'll have to power the mfc direct then won't I? Phantom power won't work through XLR correct?

Nah I haven't tried an XLR yet. I'll grab one and try it out later. I'll have to power the mfc direct then won't I? Phantom power won't work through XLR correct?
FASLink provides power same as EtherCon and it's much easier to find a replacement cable at a gig if you have a problem ;)

Also generally a more robust cable.

Awesome. I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Hopefully it works and no more issues. First live gig in a while in 3 weeks time. Pray for me lol. Thanks Unix-guy 🤘

Back
Top Bottom