Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
@austinbuddy thanks for the update I love it!!
Which preset (number) would you recommend to get as close as possible to Metallica tone with a regular Les Paul with standard humbuckers not a guitar with active ones!

@austinbuddy thanks for the update I love it!!
Which preset (number) would you recommend to get as close as possible to Metallica tone with a regular Les Paul with standard humbuckers not a guitar with active ones!
Go to the Mesa Boogies area and try the Metal-Attic Sandman preset, scene 2. I think the Diezel Extras may have some similar ones “crunchberries” too...

A question for @austinbuddy or anyone else that may have this figured out. I have looked through the manual and searched the forum but so far have not seen this addressed.

Here is what I would like to do:
Use the Control Switches AustinBuddy has added to these presets to add Boost, Cut Bass or whatever using the assigned switches on the FC6 (which is great by the way). Then, when I have the sound I want, save the preset and have these changes persist as defaults for the preset/scene when I switch away and back to it. Is this possible?

I can make changes to the defaults of the CS's using the "CS Per Scene" screen under AxeEdit. But have not found a way to make these changes permanent when playing live and not having AxeEdit available. I have also not found a way to do this from the screen on the Axe-Fx III, did I miss the CS Per Scene page there?

I use many presets in a gig and without being able to make these changes to the preset defaults it means a lot of tap dancing when I switch around.

Thanks for the help

I don’t think there is a way to do it live (to save it by scene). You have to either use the Cs per Scene option in Controllers, or
Just disconnect the modifier altogether and toggle it manually and save. Sorry! If I’m wrong someone correct me.

A question for @austinbuddy or anyone else that may have this figured out. I have looked through the manual and searched the forum but so far have not seen this addressed.

Here is what I would like to do:
Use the Control Switches AustinBuddy has added to these presets to add Boost, Cut Bass or whatever using the assigned switches on the FC6 (which is great by the way). Then, when I have the sound I want, save the preset and have these changes persist as defaults for the preset/scene when I switch away and back to it. Is this possible?

I can make changes to the defaults of the CS's using the "CS Per Scene" screen under AxeEdit. But have not found a way to make these changes permanent when playing live and not having AxeEdit available. I have also not found a way to do this from the screen on the Axe-Fx III, did I miss the CS Per Scene page there?

I use many presets in a gig and without being able to make these changes to the preset defaults it means a lot of tap dancing when I switch around.

Thanks for the help

On the FCs per preset you can assign the status of each CS (on/off) on every scene.

You have to save the preset with that settings to recall it each time you access them. On the unit (at least on the fm3) you can access the FC per-preset on the main screen (D button).

On the FCs per preset you can assign the status of each CS (on/off) on every scene.

You have to save the preset with that settings to recall it each time you access them. On the unit (at least on the fm3) you can access the FC per-preset on the main screen (D button).
Thanks for the help. I will work out a way using that screen, though not as convenient as just saving. I am sure there is a reason this is not available, something to do with how CS are managed in the code. Or maybe I am the only one that would want to do that. :)

Treated myself to purchase this last night and installed it. So far, very pleased with it......I think I can delete all the presets I created myself and will be happy using this for the most part.

Thanks very much! Sounds like you really need the additional foot controller to utilize these on the fly?
Yes. You can set a control switch to come on automatically in any Scene. Go to CONTROLLERS in editor, then to “CS per Scene”. You will see a grid of 8 scenes by all six controllers. Just go to the scene you want the amp boost on, and in the CS2 column for that scene, change the status from Off to On. Click save preset. Your Cs2 footswitch still works everywhere but on that scene you set it will come On by default now now. Make sense? I keep meaning to do a video on this...

Yes. You can set a control switch to come on automatically in any Scene. Go to CONTROLLERS in editor, then to “CS per Scene”. You will see a grid of 8 scenes by all six controllers. Just go to the scene you want the amp boost on, and in the CS2 column for that scene, change the status from Off to On. Click save preset. Your Cs2 footswitch still works everywhere but on that scene you set it will come On by default now now. Make sense? I keep meaning to do a video on this...
Thanks, I actually figured it out a minute after posting my initial question. Derp....

I just got an FC-6 and I loaded up the austin buddy OMG9 layout. Is it intentional that every hold on the scenes layout is "AmpBoost!" ?

Hi @clags:

Go to the 30 minute mark in this LiveGold Video tutorial and watch for five minutes. The readme notes also explain it all. Same concepts apply to Naked Amps TonePack as well.

If you don't have an FC12 or FC6 foot controller, and you just use the editor to make your sounds, then here's the work around: go to CONTROLLERS, and then to "CS Per Scene" page, to decide whether you want to turn an CS (Control switch) from CS1 to CS6 in any given scene. My presets just use CS2 to CS6.

***Note, if you make a change in say Scene 2 to turn CS2 ON from that CS per Scene page, and go back to Scene 2, the editor's view/GUI may not show the change yet (Amp Boost switch may look off). You may have to switch to a different scene and then back to Scene 2 for the GUI of editor to "catch up" and show your CS2 change made in the Controllers area.

You CANNOT toggle/move the CS switches assigned to amp boost, cut, fat, etc. on the Amp Page itself - this drives some people crazy, but it makes sense because they are tied to modifiers. So, instead you turn them on/off in the CONTROLLERS area of the editor.

I keep meaning to get a specific video out on this, in fact did a draft one this weekend but not happy with it and will re-shoot that and post here once done.

CS2 - turns on amp BOOST
CS3 - turns on Amp FAT
CS4 - reverses the default bright switch. If Amp model default to brite on, this turns it off, and vice versa
CS5 - turns on IDEAL saturation
CS6 turns on or reverses the low CUT

In watching the LiveGold video, at around 35:00, you talk about Layout 7 and how to download it, but not where to download it from. Where can I find the latest version? Also, once I load it in, will that enable the "every hold on the scenes layout is AmpBoost" feature which isn't working for me now?

Thanks!

In watching the LiveGold video, at around 35:00, you talk about Layout 7 and how to download it, but not where to download it from. Where can I find the latest version? Also, once I load it in, will that enable the "every hold on the scenes layout is AmpBoost" feature which isn't working for me now?

Thanks!
It came in the Live Gold pack that you downloaded. :)

Thanks!
It's included in the download. There is a folder for it in the "Optional" section. One for FM3 alone, and one for FM3+FC6 OMG

It's included in the download. There is a folder for it in the "Optional" section. One for FM3 alone, and one for FM3+FC6 OMG
I thought I'd downloaded it correctly before when I finally got my FC 6 earlier this month, but just tried it again and clearly I hadn't. This time I got it right and am stunned at how amazing this works and sounds!! Everything I tried seemed to generate another "OMG!" moment - thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom