Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Can you use this as a portable backup? Better: suppose I am at a gig and my axe 3 crashes and I want to re- install banks and/ or parameter settings, can this do this?

Can you use this as a portable backup? Better: suppose I am at a gig and my axe 3 crashes and I want to re- install banks and/ or parameter settings, can this do this?
Banks upload is not supported but presets, firmwares, cabs yes.
Parameters setting too

I'm sure this question has been asked. Trying to connect an FM3 to IPad. Downloaded Midimittr, successfully connected the MD-BT01, but stuck on the no fractal audio device connected screen. Changed the boxes at the bottom for Midi in and out, but it just keeps loading... any ideas?

I'm sure this question has been asked. Trying to connect an FM3 to IPad. Downloaded Midimittr, successfully connected the MD-BT01, but stuck on the no fractal audio device connected screen. Changed the boxes at the bottom for Midi in and out, but it just keeps loading... any ideas?
You need to follow Yamaha’s instructions or watch the video. That’s not how it works. Let me know if you need links.

You need to follow Yamaha’s instructions or watch the video. That’s not how it works. Let me know if you need links.
No
Just hit the Bluetooth button in FracPad and select your md-bt01
And uninstall midimittr
And be sure the md-bt01 is connected correctly to the good midi in/out ports of the fm3
And be sure to update the md-bt01 firmware to latest version with Yamaha's ud/md utility, available in the USA appstore only

Last edited:
Hi, is there a way to use apostrophes in FracPad? It converts them to question marks. I have to use FM3-Edit to add them into preset and scene names. Thanks
Hi
When i enter a ' it's correctly sent to the AxeFx, and also read ok from, so can't reproduce your problem

No
Just hit the Bluetooth button in FracPad and select your md-bt01
And uninstall midimittr
And be sure the md-bt01 is connected correctly to the good midi in/out ports of the fm3
And be sure to update the md-bt01 firmware to latest version with Yamaha's ud/md utility, available in the USA appstore only
I am trying to connect an FM3 to an Amazon Fire 10 tablet using the Yamaha MD-BT01. I can't find the MD-BT01 in the tablet's BlueTooth settings. I also can not find the above Yamaha UD/MD utility in the USA (Android) app store. Any guidance?

I am trying to connect an FM3 to an Amazon Fire 10 tablet using the Yamaha MD-BT01. I can't find the MD-BT01 in the tablet's BlueTooth settings. I also can not find the above Yamaha UD/MD utility in the USA (Android) app store. Any guidance?
The MD-bt01 will appear in FracPad 's Bluetooth button if your tablet supports midi ble, which i doubt.
The Yamaha utility is available on the iOS appstore usa only
I really doubt the Amazon tablets support midi ble but ask Google...

Back
Top Bottom