Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
The Wah defaults to being on. He addresses this in the readme included with the pack. Check that out. Maybe that's the issue?

3.01 version so no wha on there

How does that preset sound to you? I'm not sure if is just that my monitor, guitar. pickups just sound awful with it.

The preset I'm refering to is 035 Slash AFD100 1&2 Chnl

Last edited:
Hi, this question is to @austinbuddy but also anyone with the preset pack.

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot

I am not a fan of that amp model. The model itself as designed sounds harsh to me. If you get isolated guitar tracks of GNR you may hear that raspy snarly thing. In a mix it works blended with everything else. But probably my least favorite Marshall amp model in the unit. Use other Marshall amps to get you there. Am not as big a fan of the JCM 800s either. You have to crank them up high to get them to darken up else they are trebly and raspy and nasally or screechy in ways I personally don’t care for. This is a great example of the old “use your ears, not your eyes” when selecting tones IMHO.

Hi, this question is to @austinbuddy but also anyone with the preset pack.

I love the tones and many of them are very useful for my needs. However I had great expectations on the “Slash” specific preset and the sound is just unusable for me. It’s super weird... specially the rhythm scenes has this like a cocked wha with latency sound that is just imposible to play for me (3.01 version so no wha on there).

Just to clarify, many of the Marshall, Friedman and many others cover that kind of tone and are very good. I just want to know, for knowledge and as curiosity only, why this preset sound like that. The #34 amp don’t work For me either but at least it sounds “normal”.

Thanks a lot
Weird. Because...

I created a spreadsheet to keep track of which presets/scenes reminded me of certain song/artists in addition to the ones @austinbuddy noted in the preset/scene names. After getting permission, I'm sharing it with you in a couple ways.

One is a link to Google Docs that anyone can contribute to if they wish. I haven't added any of my own entries at the time of this post, but I have a couple to add over the next couple days. You should be able to download this collaboration version with everyone's contributions. I'll download it from time to time and clean it up if needed in case something unfortunate happens. It should auto-save any changes you make. If a preset row has already been used by someone else, please add another row below it and be sure to copy the preset number and name as well as your username before adding your contribution. That will help with any sorting you might want to do after you download it to your computer. Thanks!
Who knows, maybe AB himself might make a few additional contributions (besides the one in the scene names) of what he was going for when creating some of the presets/scenes.

LiveGoldEdit

The following links are for a clean download in Excel or Numbers formats if you want to maintain your own personalized list:

Live Gold Excel Download For PC
Live Gold Numbers Download For Mac
This is cool. I was just thinking about how useful this would be the other day.

Hey guys, is there a way using FM3 edit to import multiple presets from these austin buddy files or do I hvae to do them 1 by 1?

Hey guys, is there a way using FM3 edit to import multiple presets from these austin buddy files or do I hvae to do them 1 by 1?
You can use Fractal Bot to import entire banks, or you can select multiple at once from the list and drag them where you want them.

Watch the LiveGold tutorial videos on my YouTube channel.
They cover installing the banks using FractalBot

Watch the LiveGold tutorial videos on my YouTube channel.
They cover installing the banks using FractalBot
Will do!

Anyone have their top 10/20 from this 1000 live gold pack? I've been loving the Mark Holcomb ones but I basically picked those first since I am a big Periphery fan. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the selection and figuring out where to start. To give an idea of my tones I'm into -- Periphery as I said, also into Metallica, Pantera, Van Halen, metal in general.

Will do!

Anyone have their top 10/20 from this 1000 live gold pack? I've been loving the Mark Holcomb ones but I basically picked those first since I am a big Periphery fan. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the selection and figuring out where to start. To give an idea of my tones I'm into -- Periphery as I said, also into Metallica, Pantera, Van Halen, metal in general.

Load/go to Bank 3 first if metal/modern is your thing. Start there for the heavier tones. Then Bank 1 (Marshall styles)

Maybe a 'n00b' question, but I could do with some guidance....

I used some of the presets from the previous pack (i.e. before the update) to create my own profiles; things like extra blocks, adjusting some parameters etc. - and am curious on the 'suggested' approach to use the updated patches?

I would assume that just copying and pasting my own blocks onto the preset would be the best way to do things... but I'm curious if there's any other 'recommended' approaches?

Wow - in my hotel in Miami and just downloaded this update. Un freaking believable how well you nailed these tones! Not just a few - almost everyone I demoed this morning. Amazing work, and must have for anyone with a fractal. Could be a rough ride this week for other hotel guests! Lol - just kidding, I’m nice. I was worried that this update was only going to sound good live, but it’s amazing through my hotel rig. Thank you thank you buddy!

I would assume that just copying and pasting my own blocks onto the preset would be the best way to do things... but I'm curious if there's any other 'recommended' approaches?

I just added an entry for preset 252 in the LiveGoldEdit link and that's what I did. You can see I added the TS9DX at default values. That works for me at the moment.

I'd just like to say that the entries I'll be adding over time may not be exact tone clones for covers, but this is a LiveGold pack and can/should be tweaked for your own live sound. LiveGoldEdit is only meant to be a starting point for others because there are so many available presets and we can't share them in axechange.

Update: I have added "Demo URL" as the last column in the LiveGoldEdit document if you would like to include your demo.

Last edited:
Hi Austin! thanks for the great work behind the tone pack, i love it! just have a question! could be possible when using the FC6 controller with your OMG9 flavor to go out the tuner to the scene mode, without going to the preset mode and them scene mode again or any other mode before press the tuner?

Still puzzling over how to use CS2 with these presets.

What I want is to be able to turn CS2 on/off for the amp boost using an external footswitch (two channel TRS dumb footswitch plugged into the FM3) without using the FM3's 3 foot switches.

Ideally, I would like this to be triggered on holding the switch down (rather than instant switching), and toggled ON/OFF (rather than just held while the switch is pressed).

I'd like it to be global, not per preset.

This seems like it should be possible, but I can't figure out how to assign this footswitch to CS2.

BTW, the updated for the latest firmware is available for download! Among other things, it removes the default Wah settings and includes presets fro the new amp models.

Back
Top Bottom