Adjusting low cut in live performances

benqchina

I have several presets setup perfectly for use with my Gibson ES 335. I have a Telecaster style guitar with single/double coil pickups. When I use that guitar, the presets produce too much bass, especially on the bridge pickup. Is there an easy/quick way to increase the low cut (decrease the bass) on a preset on the FM3 itself? My 335 is in the shop, and I am trying to avoid adjusting and saving individual presets, if possible. I would appreciate any advice.

The only way to sort of do this is to use the Global EQ on the output you're using but it's not the same as EQing the guitar before the amp.

There is no other quick and easy way to do what you're trying to but there is a way. If I really needed to do this, I would get an expression knob and set it up to control some bass related parameters in each preset. Not ideal but close.

That said, I have guitars with all sorts of different pickups (hot, vintage, single, humbucker) and I just create alternate versions of presets for groups of guitars that have similar pickups.

If all you're trying to do is reduce bass then you shouldn't have to tweak much. Heck, tweak the amp block's input eq and you'll be good to go.

The Cut parameter in the Amp block is worth its weight in gold.
That's a good choice but if the guitar changes makes it more bassy then my first thought is to start that source which means cutting bass at the amp's input.

One other way to try it would be to put a Filter block in your chain, set it to cut the bass for your 335 then just save the preset with the block bypassed. If you need the bass cut, turn the Filter block on and resave the preset.

The only way to sort of do this is to use the Global EQ on the output you're using but it's not the same as EQing the guitar before the amp.

There is no other quick and easy way to do what you're trying to but there is a way. If I really needed to do this, I would get an expression knob and set it up to control some bass related parameters in each preset. Not ideal but close.

That said, I have guitars with all sorts of different pickups (hot, vintage, single, humbucker) and I just create alternate versions of presets for groups of guitars that have similar pickups.

If all you're trying to do is reduce bass then you shouldn't have to tweak much. Heck, tweak the amp block's input eq and you'll be good to go.
Thank you for your insights. I will follow your advice about tweaking presets.

Back
Top Bottom