FM3 "The Messiah Will Come Again" - Tribute with FM3

JD Elliott

Inspired
Hey guys, whilst off work over the Christmas holidays, I thought I'd have a crack at learning this classic tune. Spend a couple of days learning the main bits of the tune, inspired by Gary Moore's live version from the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1990 and added some of my own take. I used the 'Still Blue' FM3 present and the Blues scene, using the volume of my Gibson Les Paul Standard and kicking on the OD for more heavier leads.

A tribute to Gary Moore but also Eddie Van Halen, Peter Green and Leslie West who we lost this year in 2020. I hope we do not lose anymore of our heroes in 2021.

hey Justin!! long time no see! how you doing mate?
this was a excellent version of a great tune!
fuck me you got a gibson!! lol never thought i'd see you with a 'traditional' kinda guitar lol.

hey Justin!! long time no see! how you doing mate?
this was a excellent version of a great tune!
fuck me you got a gibson!! lol never thought i'd see you with a 'traditional' kinda guitar lol.

Wow, Jimbo! how are you doing my old mate? it's been a long while !
Many thanks for listening and your comments Bro ! :)
Haha, yep I've done the modern super strat lark, Floyds and what not. In my defence, I have always loved Les Pauls and single cut guitars in general.
I got my Gibson Les Paul Standard in July, I turned 50 so was a birthday present from my Wife. I've also go a Dean Throughbred Select which is also another single cut guitar but with a more LP Custom feel with the block inlays and ebony fretboard :) Just the two singlecuts these days Bro and won't be going back to bolt on strats lol.

Also got the FM3 last summer too and has been a revelation, I've never had anything this good to play through. Forgot you have a Fractal as well :)

PM me, would love to catch up :)

Justin.

Hell yeah! The live in Montreux version is my favorite Gary Moore song. It's a hypnotic performance on Blu-ray if y'all haven't seen it.

Nice job 👍

I'm with you on that Bro, one of my favourite Gary Moore performances and the album version is also fantastic although not as rocky as the live Montreux version 🤘Thanks for listening to my version ! :)

I'm so old I remember watching a PBS Special on Roy Buchanan where he played his original version. I was very impressed and apparently so was Jeff Beck who copped Roy's style for Because We Ended As Lovers.

never seen a strat pushed to the limit as gary's version of 'red house'.!!!

Jeez, I've never seen that live version before until now, makes my arms ache just watching him and what a great band behind him as well. How I would have loved to see him live myself. In 2011 when he died, there was rumour he was planning a rock tour with a set list filled with the old 80s wild frontier songs and stuff and the same band, Nick Carter on keys/guitar, Bob Daisley on bass and Eric Singer on drums, would have been killer.

Back
Top Bottom