FM3 Firmware Version 3.01

I use bassman & plexi50. If I want looser (vintage) or stiffer (modern) feel I adjust transformer match. Also negative feedback "stiff" the amp, but you loose warm & harmonics. Useful for modern amp with lot of harmonics. Tube bias warm (or cold) tone, in a "static way", while transformer match seems more dinamic... Use them instead of classical tone as "feel" controll. If the feel is right you don't have to strive with Hi/low/mid (I use them for room correction, like real amp...) ;)
An overdrive (or distortion) in front of these tweaked amp give lead tone, see Leon 5 minute tones...

I played a ton of guitar through the FM3 yesterday on 3.01 while connected via USB to a Mac. Flawless for the most part, except that when I’d get a notification in the web browser (safari) from Facebook messenger, the notification would sound like there was a clock mismatch. I can give more details if this isn’t a known problem.

little Help.. i'm connected and everything is talking on new FM3 Edit.. but I keep getting this error while trying to install new FM3 firmware..... "No response recieved"ERROR CODE.jpg.

I use an expression pedal for global input volume. When I power on the FM3, it fails to recognize the expression pedal value until the pedal is moved. I routinely leave the pedal heel down (value=0 or volume off) when I power the unit down and when I turn FM3 on it is at full volume until I rock the expression pedal. It is a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience none the less.
@Sean D. Couple questions for you.
1. What brand of expression pedal are you using?
2. On startup with the pedal heel down as you describe. Before moving the pedal can you navigate to Setup->Utilities-ADC Levels. What values do you see for your pedals?
Thanks
-r

@Sean D. Couple questions for you.
1. What brand of expression pedal are you using?
2. On startup with the pedal heel down as you describe. Before moving the pedal can you navigate to Setup->Utilities-ADC Levels. What values do you see for your pedals?
Thanks
-r
Hello @rglr The expression pedal is a converted Crybaby Wah. I wired a Dunlop 10k (or 100k I don't remember the spec, I know it is the correct spec for Fractal products) liner taper pot into the Crybaby and wired the pot to a stereo Switchcraft jack. It works as expected.

I am not at my FM3 now, but I will check the values when I get home this evening.

Thanks!!!

Never mind that Fractal-Bot is available from FM3 Edit by selecting Tools > Fractal-Bot...
You can “pause” the editor while you use FractalBot, go to top left corner of editor. You don’t want the editor and FractalBot both trying to talk to hardware at the same time. #dontdothat

I haven't been able to play guitar since December 3, due to surgery on my left index finger. But these FM3 updates keep me stoked. I can hear the tones and sustain without even turning the FM3 on.
Update: After more than a month I have finally been able to plug back into the FM3 and jam. Finger has healed. (Of course the pic is from last month).

WOW!!! This firmware update = HELL YEAH!!! The 1959SLP Treble on preset 009 and the HBE 2018 on preset 023 are just full of power and tone. Maybe it has been the layoff but damn those amps are just so pleasing to the ear and makes playing--even with a little pain--so easy.

Thanks FRACTAL!!!!

Surgery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom