Conspiracy theorists are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed so hard about this when I heard about it the other day.

Although I find it funny when people are sharing utterly stupid things like this, I recently had to move out of my previous commune because one of my room mates dug too deep and went full bat shit crazy. And he still is unfortunately. Conspiracy theories seem really harmful nowadays...

I laughed so hard about this when I heard about it the other day.

Although I find it funny when people are sharing utterly stupid things like this, I recently had to move out of my previous commune because one of my room mates dug too deep and went full bat shit crazy. And he still is unfortunately. Conspiracy theories seem really harmful nowadays...
Yes, it's totally unimaginable what certain people can come to believe nowadays. Always existed someway I guess, but not in these numbers and not at ages where normally this should not occur anymore. No clue how this can happen.

Love the "flexible EQ section". That's a value add right there. The EU should tax that.

These people are completely misplaced in their paranoia. Why would they need to inject you with a spyware chip when EVERYBODY already caries a spyware device that's called a smartphone? In theory it could spy on you every waking moment. Who knows what in theory Apple or Google could switch on remotely? Most apps ask for and get access to your mic and camera. Who knows what they can do without you knowing? There, let the craziness fly.

Sadly conspiracy theories wouldn't be this out of control for two reasons. The internet lets likeminded people find each other and reinforce each other's crazy in an echo chamber. And there's a lot echo chambers currently. I deeply worry if I'm in them myself and if I could still tell. And sadly conspiracy theorists and alternate media wouldn't get this much traction if the mainstream media weren't so incredibly biased and untrustworthy. They make the North Korean state news look trustworthy in comparison.

Everyone has a slant/bias and believes things that are not provable (or not entirely true) one way or the other.

However, if you can generate fear of "the other" (individual, group, culture, institution, party, nation...) with legitimate or illegitimate claims, you can hijack people. This is why propaganda does work even if it shouldn't. Just keep saying the same thing over and over and it hypnotizes enough people. We can be hypnotized with our own narratives we repeat to ourselves over and over.

"Doc, I got a swarm of angry bees in my head! It's the worst sound I've ever heard!"

"Doc, I got a swarm of angry bees in my head! It's the best sound I've ever heard!"

Last edited:
I coughed up a bit of Modelo when I saw this earlier.

It's borderline, so let's laugh and not let it get...out of hand.

My take:
How much room does your bloodstream have for pedals? Can I run them in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom