AFIII Bryan Adams - "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" solo

I never cared for this song (maybe due to the bad Robin Hood movie)? When I used to DJ I had to play this song constantly and I found the extended version that had a long outto solo. That made the song more bearable haha.

Great song, great solo. It’s always a challenge not to overplay where space and emotion are more important, and that solo is a great example. You capture that feel well, good job!

Great song, great solo. It’s always a challenge not to overplay where space and emotion are more important, and that solo is a great example. You capture that feel well, good job!
This is very true Rick, its a very emotional solo and a great one too. Thanks a lot mate.

Great job! Tone and playing are just great!

A video exists of me playing this song at a high school pops concert. I think it was an R&B cover of it that a popular chick at the time had done a version of, but us in the band played it pretty close to the original. Towards the end of the solo, I remember going to do some quick, shreddy, “look at me!”, coming out of it and landed on the wrong-est of notes I could possibly land on. This was followed by the lovely girl singing the rest of the song about 5% in key, but most notably on all her embellishments and ad-libs, really highlighting the imperfection. My buddy is going through all that footage now and uploading it, I’ll post it up for humor’s sake when he gets around to that one.

Great job! Tone and playing are just great!

A video exists of me playing this song at a high school pops concert. I think it was an R&B cover of it that a popular chick at the time had done a version of, but us in the band played it pretty close to the original. Towards the end of the solo, I remember going to do some quick, shreddy, “look at me!”, coming out of it and landed on the wrong-est of notes I could possibly land on. This was followed by the lovely girl singing the rest of the song about 5% in key, but most notably on all her embellishments and ad-libs, really highlighting the imperfection. My buddy is going through all that footage now and uploading it, I’ll post it up for humor’s sake when he gets around to that one.
Thanks mate. Haha i would definitely like to see that video if you can find it. Great story.

Hi everyone here is a very short solo to start the new year off.

Hi Mark, stellar playing and tone as always!

Can I take this opportunity to ask if you are still playing the Suhr Aldrich pickups in you LP? I’m debating whether I should make the switch... been itching for a change of late! ;-)

Cheers,
Joce

Hi Mark, stellar playing and tone as always!

Can I take this opportunity to ask if you are still playing the Suhr Aldrich pickups in you LP? I’m debating whether I should make the switch... been itching for a change of late! ;-)

Cheers,
Joce
Hi Joce, thanks man!

Not at the moment, i have a set of Monty's PAF's in my LP at the moment which im loving. I'm sure i will put the Suhr's back in one day as i do love them too. I'm hoping to get an R9 at some point so I'll probably put my Suhr's in my current LP when i get that.

I can recommend the Suhr's though as i think they are killer pups.

Thx for your reply Mark!

Yeah... an R9 would be nice... one day.... drool drool...

BTW your videos of late have inspired me to go back to some of the earlier albums from Bryan Adams... my fav with great Keith Scott solos has always been Into The Fire in fact.... it had less success, but some great tracks on there - #1, 2, 3 and 5 in particular for me....

Trip down memory lane for sure!

Cheers,
J

Mark that tone is the first one to make me kinda want a Les Paul in a very long time, really nicely done :) Don't think I'll go there, for a variety of reasons, but I dig.

Back
Top Bottom