Finally hooked up my FM3

CT76

Inspired
I've been on and off with fractal since the standard, last purchase being the AX8. I have been vocal in my complaints and opinions on every device, as well as other brands I've went through over the years.

I have to say, I have 0 complaints, maybe some wishlist items that aren't huge, just nit picky things that I could have if I bought the III, so all in all I'm so satisfied. Immediately plugging in, adjusting eq and I immediately had the best tone ever. The Archon on bright matches my Archon 100 %. The effects are spectacular to breath taking.

I have finally found a unit from power on to play that I immediately fell in love with. Cliff and everyone at Fractal should be very proud of the work and research through the years to deliver a unit that was thought out and executed perfectly

Yup, I’m in complete agreement.
When I bought the ax8 even, I cut my eqs and such and still missed that depth, grind of an amp. The AX8 and 2 modeling was advanced on the market but no where as the best there is.

The modeling now is dead on, if the fractal sim sounds different from the actual amp you own then it's either an old amp that no identical model sounds the same, or your amp has been worked on and not stock.

I was so happy to see all the speaker drive and impedance sections added into the amp model, I never understood putting this in the cab section.

To let you know how picky I am, I sold my kemper as soon as Christoph publicly said the amp profiling is good enough and won't be developed any further. The kemper is not dead on and has some ignorant limitations on modeling.

I am 100% satisfied as the FM3 is right now, but knowing Fractal there are many more awesome things to come

I forgot to add, the visual eq graphs are such a gamechanger and something I've always wanted

I’ve been enjoying the stock presets so much that I’ve yet to dive into creating my own. It’s the first unit I’ve owned where I feel I can get the tones from my favourite songs if I know what gear they used.

In say the cab section, you can visually see a graph when making eq adjustments, like in a plugin, it's great

Also another thing to point out as you said, the Amps in the fractal now are set 100% to the source amp. You can tweak to mod from there, but I always said the amps should match the source amp right out of the box, and now they did. It used to be tweaking just to get to baseline.

Last edited:
Also another thing to point out as you said, the Amps in the fractal now are set 100% to the source amp now. You can tweak to mod from there, but I always said the amps should match the source amp right out of the box, and now they did. It used to be tweaking just to get to baseline.
There's a graph in the Align tab section of the cab edit on the FM3, not sure if it's the same thing. Looks more like something for a mic.

They're in several sections

Attachments

• 20201228_160022.jpg
    20201228_160022.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20201228_155958.jpg
    20201228_155958.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20201228_155948.jpg
    20201228_155948.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
Yup, they're at least available (on the unit) in the EQ section for the Reverb. I'll have to start paying attention to these now.

Another thing that I'm finding amazing, is all I need to do it insert an amp and cab and that's it! Everything I would use extra eq, reverb, od etc is already in the amp and cab. Thank you @FractalAudio

I had band practice yesterday for the first time using my FM3. I went guitar >fm3>powerstage>Marshall 4x12. I loaded up the JCM 800 and set speaker drive to 1.80. Literally no difference between the FM3 and the real amp. The tone and feel was so inspiring.

i just created my first preset from scratch. It’s the fuzz tone from Gary Clarke Jr’s ‘Numb‘. Took me less than 5 minutes. Sounds very close.

Now after building patches I have no complaints on the memory, it would be nice to have a little more power, but it's not absolutely necessary to me.

Back
Top Bottom