FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is low-key effin' brilliant.
This is awesome...I was able to get my Helix expression pedal assigned via MIDI to the volume and now I can enable the tuner that way, switching the tap button back to sending tap tempo, and then I "fixed" the scene revert issue I was having by switching it on (RTFM right).

So far so good, sounds great too!

That is like using Internet Explorer to download Chrome!

I don't know that I've been able to hear a big difference between previous updates (1.5, 1.6 and 2.0). But holy buckets 3.0. I had to stop and stare at my speakers wondering if something happened. Bottom end is chuggier. Top end is chimier. It's almost like SD vs HD, at least to my ears. Great job FAS!

I notice a more squishy wah-like kind of sound/feeling, almost like an envelope and pitch follower combined. Particularly if you chug and then play high notes; something like my bad habit of playing an A over Eminor chord at the second fret with an open low E. Is this due to new transformer algorithm modeling inductance more accurately? Feels amazing!

Fantastic, Thank you.
Now please, add the tuner option, on the next firmware, like the one on the Axe, which allows to choose Tuning all flats, all sharps etc...

I just can't stop playing!!! Awesome tones and dynamics!! This FW makes me a better player...;)
As said before, Presets with only an AMP (few tweaks on the first page), CAB and REVERB is enough to reach stellar convincing and serious sounds! Not new in the party...but I am really impressed.
@FractalAudio You did it!! 👏👏👏

I just can't stop playing!!! Awesome tones and dynamics!! This FW makes me a better player...;)
As said before, Presets with only an AMP (few tweaks on the first page), CAB and REVERB is enough to reach stellar convincing and serious sounds! Not new in the party...but I am really impressed.
@FractalAudio You did it!! 👏👏👏
I'm not even using much Reverb now. In fact today I played dry all day. Just amp -> cab.

I've been trying to figure this cathode follower compression change so I went through the update notes and in firmware 14 for Axe-3 it says there were changes that would automatically update and I checked my Axe-3 and they are updated. Not so on the FM-3. If you reset a factory amp or an old user preset amp block, the Compression changes on a lot of amps and makes a pretty drastic difference. My older preset with the Triaxis yellow was set at 69.9 compression and a reset put it at 0.00 and I checked my Axe-3 and it was at 0.00. I imported the preset from my Axe-3 and it was at 69.9 matching my FM-3 preset but not what it was on my Axe-3 which was 0.00 which is also what it is if you reset it in the FM-3. I'm confused.

I've been trying to figure this cathode follower compression change so I went through the update notes and in firmware 14 for Axe-3 it says there were changes that would automatically update and I checked my Axe-3 and they are updated. Not so on the FM-3. If you reset a factory amp or an old user preset amp block, the Compression changes on a lot of amps and makes a pretty drastic difference. My older preset with the Triaxis yellow was set at 69.9 compression and a reset put it at 0.00 and I checked my Axe-3 and it was at 0.00. I imported the preset from my Axe-3 and it was at 69.9 matching my FM-3 preset but not what it was on my Axe-3 which was 0.00 which is also what it is if you rest it in the FM-3. I'm confused.
You must've set it to 69.9. Mesas don't have cathode followers so the default value is zero.

You must've set it to 69.9. Mesas don't have cathode followers so the default value is zero.

Hey Cliff, Its not just that amp and I never touch that setting normally. The Angle does it and the Dizzy Blue and the Red Recto and some others that I never touch that setting on. I would wonder if we all need to do an amp reset for the FM-3?

Also , I've got a Red Recto that says its on 69.9 and if I reset it it goes to 73% compression in the cathode follower.

The speaker compression changes also when I do a reset on the amp block on all my amps from 2 to 1 in the speaker drive page. So if this is the new setting a reset would be in order I would think.

I am sorry to bother you with this but I noticed if I'm on a preset and then go to a blank one and put in an amp block that it has the amps from A,B,C and D from the previous preset and when you refresh, the speaker drive compression changes and the cathode follower compression changes also. So even starting a new preset the amp block is not getting updated until its reset.
using FM3 edit by the way.

I am sorry to bother you with this but I noticed if I'm on a preset and then go to a blank one and put in an amp block that it has the amps from A,B,C and D from the previous preset and when you refresh, the speaker drive compression changes and the cathode follower compression changes also. So even starting a new preset the amp block is not getting updated until its reset.
using FM3 edit by the way.
That's FM3-Edit. When you drop in a new block, it remembers the last time you worked with that block and applies those settings.

That's FM3-Edit. When you drop in a new block, it remembers the last time you worked with that block and applies those settings.
Ok, thanks. I thought I would get an updated Amp but it still needs reset coming form a pre 3.00 preset. Doesn't seem the same on the Axe3 but I'll double check when I get back to rehearsal. I just need an extra Axe3 here at the house to compare with ha!

Ok, thanks. I thought I would get an updated Amp but it still needs reset coming form a pre 3.00 preset. Doesn't seem the same on the Axe3 but I'll double check when I get back to rehearsal. I just need an extra Axe3 here at the house to compare with ha!
No way. That extra Axe is mine! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom