Pitch Block?

ajames7000

I find the Whammy up or down works best IN FRONT of Amp Block. while Harmonies work better AFTER Amp Block. I'm also a little confused on dual Detune or Octave Divide? It seems like it works better BEFORE the Amp. Doesn't make sense to me. Thoughts?

Depends on the case and what you are trying to achieve.

A traditional Whammy pedal goes before the amp, so Pitch block before the amp makes sense.

Harmonizers usually go in the effects loop of a real amp, so between Amp and Cab blocks makes sense.

Detune is kind of a chorusing effect. I prefer it post Amp just like Chorus. Do what sounds best to you.

Octave Divider adds harmonies at -1 and -2 octaves. Traditionally these effects come from a pedal before the amp...

There are no rules except "use your ears" :)

Depends on the case and what you are trying to achieve.

A traditional Whammy pedal goes before the amp, so Pitch block before the amp makes sense.

Harmonizers usually go in the effects loop of a real amp, so between Amp and Cab blocks makes sense.

Detune is kind of a chorusing effect. I prefer it post Amp just like Chorus. Do what sounds best to you.

Octave Divider adds harmonies at -1 and -2 octaves. Traditionally these effects come from a pedal before the amp...

There are no rules except "use your ears" :)
Thanks. Thats exactly what I did. This unit is so amazing!!

I'm curious to know how to minimize the time lag when using the Classic Whammy to drop tune. Say from Standard E to Standard D. With my current settings the lag is great enough that I couldn't record with it. I see the Track Adjust knob but haven't found the best use of it yet. Thoughts?

if you're generating multiple notes simultaneously, then it'll go after the amp (especially if the amp is distorted), unless you specifically want that sound.

I'm curious to know how to minimize the time lag when using the Classic Whammy to drop tune. Say from Standard E to Standard D. With my current settings the lag is great enough that I couldn't record with it. I see the Track Adjust knob but haven't found the best use of it yet. Thoughts?

use the capo instead, that's what its's for

if you're generating multiple notes simultaneously, then it'll go after the amp (especially if the amp is distorted), unless you specifically want that sound.
Will it go between the amp and cab or after the cab? What would the Track Adjust knob setting look like for E dropped to D vs E dropped to A?

Will it go between the amp and cab or after the cab? What would the Track Adjust knob setting look like for E dropped to D vs E dropped to A?

if you want stereo (multiple voices pannad left and right) then after the cab

track adjust is not set based on how far down you're tuning

Sorry to chime in but my question seems appropriate... I recently started using the virtual capo and just put it first after the input block... is there a better or a best place to put the pitch block to use the virtual capo to change tunings?

no an actual capo you twit. the virtual capo. in the pitch block. the thing you're supposed to use when drop shifting, rather than the whammy.
Jesus, take it easy. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, and in a forum specifically dedicated to helping other people understand an insanely complex piece of equipment, name calling seems like a pretty childish approach.

Sorry to chime in but my question seems appropriate... I recently started using the virtual capo and just put it first after the input block... is there a better or a best place to put the pitch block to use the virtual capo to change tunings?
That's the best place...

Put it where it sounds best to you. That’s the beauty of the Axe! You can do whatever you want! Typically though the virtual capo would go right after the input block. Then it’s as though you signal chain is seeing a guitar at that tuning. And yes the virtual capo shifts both up and down. But play with it, could be some cool uses you’ll discover!

Back
Top Bottom