Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

Isn't part of the problem that pots could vary both range and taper depending on availabilty and cost? Thus for some classic amps there might not be a fixed "authentic" pot to base it on.
Yes, but I updated the thought later to 'idealised-orig/idealised-even-taper' in a later post.... ;)

Would make for lovely support calls. Also look forward to cool self-oscillating amps!
Easy fix, tho: "Just click the Monte Carlo button again until it behaves and save it".... :D

"Do ya feel lucky, punk? Do ya?"

Add tube wear and a 're-tube' button to reset wear and re-randomize the tubes' specs and lifespan to the new replaced tubes' specs....

Last edited:
To lighten it to a micro amp mass, do we need a white hole generator?

Spacetime hole generators are cool in general. (And could provide many various uses.)

It may be in my head, but I'm finding amps to be much pickier about what OD pedals are boosting them with this update
after all of the amp modeling update, this one resulted in amps being pickier about their overdrives.

I like how you anthropomorphize the amps as being picky (or is Cliff/Axe AI talking to you?), rather than say, a human user. It certainly can't be in your head. ;)

I like how you anthropomorphize the amps as being picky (or is Cliff/Axe AI talking to you?), rather than say, a human user. It certainly can't be in your head. ;)
"I didn't say it was Sonny, it said it was Sonny"

Hopefully it is 3-Laws Safe....

I'm floored by this one. I tested my real 5150 head vs the PVH Block model and it's just silly how close it is. No tone matching. All amp settings are pretty much identical except the presence on my head is at 7 to match the model at zero. I turned up the supply sag on the model to "feel" more like my amp when palm muting, but didn't touch any other advanced parameters.

The real amp and model switch halfway through the first section. I randomly switched around several times on the second section. Sounds pretty dang close to me.

The 1st 6 seconds is the real amp. I'd love to be wrong! They are pretty close indeed, but not identical.

Something weird happening with the levels on this Beta. Using different patches with both the legacy '59 Bassman and the new, jumped '59 Bassman, I have experienced significant level jumps resulting in digital distortion at at least Output 1. The Output 1 level meters will go well into the red, seemingly randomly. Have never experienced this prior to this Beta and it's happened a couple of times for me now. With the most recent occurrence, there was a decided gain drop (in the amp block?), resulting in a less driven signal, with a corresponding boost on the back end/output resulting in the aforementioned digital distortion. I rebooted the Axe and it went back to normal, but curious whether anyone else has experienced random level jumps like this.

Something weird happening with the levels on this Beta. Using different patches with both the legacy '59 Bassman and the new, jumped '59 Bassman, I have experienced significant level jumps resulting in digital distortion at at least Output 1. The Output 1 level meters will go well into the red, seemingly randomly. Have never experienced this prior to this Beta and it's happened a couple of times for me now. With the most recent occurrence, there was a decided gain drop (in the amp block?), resulting in a less driven signal, with a corresponding boost on the back end/output resulting in the aforementioned digital distortion. I rebooted the Axe and it went back to normal, but curious whether anyone else has experienced random level jumps like this.
Not yet, here, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Tried going back to 14.05, all my presets I saved in 15 were blank. So went back to 15, theyre back, but with the amp1/2 bypass states all over the place. Amp1 and Amp2 appear to be fighting each other (flipped). Dont want to restore, backup was 2 weeks ago and I made some small changes, so Ill just hope a fix comes soon!

Yep, the blank preset thing happens when saving a later version.

I hate to say it but the lesson is always back up right before updating.

The 1st 6 seconds is the real amp. I'd love to be wrong! They are pretty close indeed, but not identical.
Yup, but it’s pretty dang close for not using any additional EQ. Just real amp vs the amp model. Using the Tone Match block gets it even closer. It’s insane what this unit is capable of.

Yep, the blank preset thing happens when saving a later version.

I hate to say it but the lesson is always back up right before updating.
Yeah I have a fairly recent backup but not worth a full restore when Cliff will prob have this fixed within the day.

Back
Top Bottom