Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

I think this is a moot point because the exact values along the taper can vary from pot to pot, so even with “realistic” tapers, you’re not necessarily going to get the same sound out of a model and the real amp simply by matching the knob positions. May as well idealize them to make them more usable.
Tolerances are a thing, so it would be an 'idealised-orig/idealised-even-taper' switch, then, I guess, to capture the bogey amp's real pot action for each model, such as the flat spot between 2 and 5 mentioned earlier about the HIWATT presence control, which is kinda predictable based on the circuit and the impedances involved....

Yes, and a switch to add natural noise, buzz and mains hum.
IIRC, mains hum effects actually do exist in the models, to get the ghost notes right, if I remember Cliff's statement on customers complaining the amp models 'didn't sound right' without the ghost noting. There is a switch in the power supply tab that lets you switch to a pure DC supply to turn off the ghost note effect of a mains supply....

Last edited:
IIRC, mains hum effects actually do exist in the models, to get the ghost notes right, if I remember Cliff's statement on customers complaining the amp models 'didn't sound right' without the ghost noting. There us a switch in the power supply tab that lets you switch to a pure DC supply to turn off yhe ghost note effect of a mains supply....
The AC power supply is modeled and any hum and ghost notes in the power amp will be reproduced. What is not reproduced is hum due to AC heaters, thermal noise, and other sources of interference. These are considered objectionable.

Any idea why I’m getting this Jumped Bassguy with no Ideal amp settings and a message saying “The authentic layout will be provided in an upcoming editor release” Leon’s vid shows the usual ideal and authentic. Thanks

Attachments

• 17A585D1-D6C8-42C3-9AE2-0ECDA1E2D16E.jpeg
    17A585D1-D6C8-42C3-9AE2-0ECDA1E2D16E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
Any idea why I’m getting this Jumped Bassguy with no Ideal amp settings and a message saying “The authentic layout will be provided in an upcoming editor release” Leon’s vid shows the usual ideal and authentic. Thanks
Leon probably used the newest beta version of Axe Edit.

It may be in my head, but I'm finding amps to be much pickier about what OD pedals are boosting them with this update. For example, FAS Modern III is not jiving at all with the FET Boost, and the 6160 Block isn't loving the Precision Drive. The 808 works fine in both cases, though. For both the FET Boost and Precision Drive, I'm using settings that I've used many times in the past, so I don't think this is me wading into unfamiliar waters and not knowing how to configure the drive models.

It may be in my head, but I'm finding amps to be much pickier about what OD pedals are boosting them with this update. For example, FAS Modern III is not jiving at all with the FET Boost, and the 6160 Block isn't loving the Precision Drive. The 808 works fine in both cases, though. For both the FET Boost and Precision Drive, I'm using settings that I've used many times in the past, so I don't think this is me wading into unfamiliar waters and not knowing how to configure the drive models.
The areas of difference in the amp modeling would likely change the way the amps respond to drives....

Oh yeah, this is definitely even better than it was.
Weird thing in Axe Edit, and yes I refreshed: bypass state is unpredictable. One time I bypass and it mutes, another time it looks bypassed (grey), but sounds active

Oh yeah, this is definitely even better than it was.
Weird thing in Axe Edit, and yes I refreshed: bypass state is unpredictable. One time I bypass and it mutes, another time it looks bypassed (grey), but sounds active

known bug, will be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom