Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

Looks fine to me: 1+1 1N4148 diodes.
Hmm weird, actually in axe edit the advanced tab didn't appear at all for this model and I had to look at the axe screen where it showed LV tube and no diode selection.
I'll try again later, maybe it was just a graphical glitch

I was looking on the unit, not sure about AE.
Tried again and this time it displays correctly the diodes selection, maybe yesterday I just inadvertently changed channel on the block where I also have a tube driver stored

OMG! This is awesome.
I could reaudition my presets, but so far they just sound better as they are. Fenders and Marshalls feel like more direct, more in the face. And I want it as direct as possible. That's what some amps are like.
Thank you!!!

I updated and had a bit of time to play through the beta. I sounded great on firmware 14, but 15 just seems to have a little extra special sauce. Feels more amp in the room through my floor monitor, but still feels nice and produced through my studio monitors! Very nice stuff!

I have only one question - what does it mean that "existing presets should be auditioned"? Do they need to be resaved, or do you dump the amp block and redo it? I have often wondered --

It means: listen to your presets and make sure they still sound okay to you.

Thanks Yek! But to be sure, and I have heard that sometimes the presets or some blocks need to be reloaded...might that the case and if so, what's the best way if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Yek! But to be sure, and I have heard that sometimes the presets or some blocks need to be reloaded...might that the case and if so, what's the best way if you don't mind me asking?

If that's the case, it will be stated in the release notes. In such a case, a simple re-select of the effect type (including amp etc.) suffices.

Thanks! And in that case, I guess I simply need to redefine the parameters of that block, if I had changed them?

Reactions: yek
That was as close as I could get it without tone matching. I normally like the real amp’s presence around 6-6.5, but using the tone match block to analyze it in real time showed that the model’s presence at zero was brighter that my amp’s presence at 6. So I just edged up the real amp’s presence until it matched the model, which was at 7 on my amp. Cliff has mentioned in the past that all tapers are accurate to the real amps with the exception of Master Volume and Presence in order to give those controls a less drastic and more usable sweep. I think my real amp is slightly darker than Cliff’s, but I don’t think you’d be able to tell the difference within the context of a mix. At the end of the day, I played my guitar more than I worked, so that says something pretty great about this FW.
Having the presence taper in the models match the real amps has been my number one wish for the longest time. Still, this thing keeps getting better and better! Amazing work from the Fractal Audio team:)

Back
Top Bottom