Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

Something is hinky with my presets after updating. I use two amp blocks on almost all my presets, so I have "kitchen sink" presets. Each amp block mutes on bypass. Bypass is not working the same way it did before, either via MIDI, AxeEdit, or with only the panel UI.

On any visible UI, the bypassed state is not showing up correctly if it gets changed. In some cases, presets seem to not change bypass state at all, no matter what, but the effect of bypassing is still audible...although it's a little hard to tell.

In good news, I'm liking what I can hear, though!
There is a visual bug in the Bypass states. It has already been fixed for the official release.

@Cooldrewb I had exactly the same experience, with the need for the right-click and open in new tab. First time ever. Interesting.

@greiswig I'm seeing the same, but that's prob because we don't have an update for AE specific for this firmware.
edit: Cliff all over this.

I have been jumping between various presets which I already really liked and was amazed by (being an Axe-FX newbie) and they almost unbelievably do sound even better. I didn't record a DI and A/B before and after so it is hard to quantify, but this update sounds like really, really good to me. The amps seem somehow even more defined with greater note separation and very deep/powerful (maybe this is the thump?). I have read many comments that modelling is about as good as it is going to be and that we shouldn't expect great improvements and also that trying to improve sound on the Axe-FX is not needed but I really think something good happened here and would gladly welcome more of this if there is more to be found! Thanks for the continuing updates.

[QUOTE="is9582, post: 2020217, member: 12144"
@greiswig I'm seeing the same, but that's prob because we don't have an update for AE specific for this firmware.
edit: Cliff all over this.
[/QUOTE]

Check the main panel UI...I'm seeing it there, too. Don't think this is an AE issue.

So far to me this release sounds clearer for sure with less harshness even with my Strat. The treble seems to extend a bit higher even with a hi-cut after the cab block. There's a bit less low-mid mud which definitely creates more "thump" to my ears. It sounds great to my tin ears but folks will definitely need to re-EQ presets for single coils.

Improved Amp block power amp modeling. Improved algorithm yields accurate dynamic frequency response which results in clearer bass and extended highs. More “chug”, “thump” and “chime”. NOTE: Existing presets should be auditioned. While the overall tone isn’t significantly changed, the transient frequency response is enhanced which may alter the tonal perception.

Nothing makes me more excited in the Fractal firmware world as improvements to the Power Amp and transient response; improved “chug”, “thump” and “chime” makes me crazy so I hope it's possible that the FM3 can eventually get these improvements as well...Cliff is the FM3 capable of running the new PA tweaks or will that push it too far?

Nothing makes me more excited in the Fractal firmware world as improvements to the Power Amp and transient response; improved “chug”, “thump” and “chime” makes me crazy so I hope it's possible that the FM3 can eventually get these improvements as well...Cliff is the FM3 capable of running the new PA tweaks or will that push it too far?

I thought the FM3 Amp block was now "on par" with 2.0......does that not mean it get these auto ? Once gold.....

I ported the changes this morning.

Thank you for your continued devotion to making your customers salivate like little Pavlov dogs. :p 🐶 .... but dang, you're still making me wait a whole five seconds before I can turn the Axe back on. ⏲

Back
Top Bottom