Implemented 59 Bassman Jumped

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
My real 50 Bassman has four inputs. Two normal and two bright. In real life I always jump the two channels. The 59 Bassguy in the Axe FXIII only has one channel represented. You can't jump channels. So that is my wish. Update the 59 Bassman so we can jump the channels like in real life.

Also the controls on a 59 Bassman go to 12 (not to 10). I noticed on the authentic controls for the Axe FXIII that the values only go to 10, and not to 12 like the real amp. If it's possible it would be nice to have the authentic controls in the Axe FXIII be the same as on the real amp.

Holy mother of...the jumpered JTM45 sounds like a legion of feminists on a shopping spree...a jumpered bassman would be potent! And to be able to mix normal/bright channel volumes...woo boy that would be my new favorite amp, especially now with a FW 11 bassman cab impedance selection...

Last edited:
Have you tried on a JM45 Jump model raising sag up to ~7.00 (tube rectification), changing the power tubes to 6L6, negative feedback down to 2.80, variac up to 150% (45 watts), screen freq to 20, preamp bias to 0.168, preamp tube to 12AX7A, bias excursion to 13%, preamp hi cut to 20k Hz, speaker impedance to down to 0.250, selecting bassman 4x10 speaker curve, etc etc...one could keep going, probably with more exacting accuracy. If it's like anything else in FAS land, a jumped 59 isn't modeled specifically because it's already accessible in some capacity for the 3 dudes on earth who need it. (Now to finally learn how to tone match this MF@)?=!#/ing 4148 dioded Rat to a DS-1 EQ match)

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/how-similar-are-the-bassman-and-the-jtm45-really.210328/

Last edited:
I did all that, it sounded like ass. Speaker impedance at 0.250 I don't think it right, bassman I think is at 2 ohm but if it's designed to be that way, it wouldn't be a severe mismatch.

This is really the one thing I like about the Kemper concept. If you (or someone who has one) can get your hands on the amp you can get a profile (provided you can set it up to get the sound you want) of that amp without having to depend on someone to add it for you. Maybe FAS will add an “Amp Builder Playground” where users can design and layout their own amps :)

This is really the one thing I like about the Kemper concept. If you (or someone who has one) can get your hands on the amp you can get a profile (provided you can set it up to get the sound you want) of that amp without having to depend on someone to add it for you. Maybe FAS will add an “Amp Builder Playground” where users can design and layout their own amps :)
...or a 'Frankenstein' model where we can select separate preamp and power amp from the other amp models, stitch them together, and spark 'em up.

Last edited:
My real 50 Bassman has four inputs. Two normal and two bright. In real life I always jump the two channels. The 59 Bassguy in the Axe FXIII only has one channel represented. You can't jump channels. So that is my wish. Update the 59 Bassman so we can jump the channels like in real life.

Also the controls on a 59 Bassman go to 12 (not to 10). I noticed on the authentic controls for the Axe FXIII that the values only go to 10, and not to 12 like the real amp. If it's possible it would be nice to have the authentic controls in the Axe FXIII be the same as on the real amp.
Wouldn’t 10 = 12?

Can you increase input trim to get the jumpered sound?

Can you increase input trim to get the jumpered sound?

No. The input trim is completely irrelevant to what I am talking about. I'm not talking about getting more distortion at all. I run my Bassman's clean or on the edge of breakup. I'm talking about the vast improvement in tone I get when using both channels jumped on the real amps.

I can get a nice sound out of the 59 Bassman in the Axe FXIII, but I can not get the sound I get out of my real ones jumped. A real 59 Bassman has two channels. A Bright and a Normal channel. They sound very different from each other. I jump the channels to get the perfect blend of glassy brightness and punchy fullness. I have two of the real amps sitting right beside me.

Bottom line is the real 59 Bassman has a bright and normal channel that can be jumped in real life and the Axe FXIII version of the 59 Bassman should have a jumped version also to be realistic.

Jumpered is two separate gain stages in series, that's why you get the two separate gain knobs norm/bright
That's not right, they're in parallel. Jumpering is just plugging into both channels at the same time. It doesn't rewire the output of one channel to feed into the input of the other. That especially wouldn't have been a thing in 1959 ;)

Two thoughts:
  • Modeling the jumpered configuration might be too much processing for one amp block (tho not sure why Cliff seems able to do it on a few other models)
  • Can you simulate this with two 59s in parallel, one normal one with bright switch? I don't know if the bright channel has other differences tho.

Two thoughts:
  • Modeling the jumpered configuration might be too much processing for one amp block (tho not sure why Cliff seems able to do it on a few other models)

This seems, to me, to be a series of victimless crimes, er..., um..., more of a lack in the round tuit inventory, seeing that the topology is so similar to the Marshalls that started out as Anglicised copies of the 5F6A to begin with....

• Can you simulate this with two 59s in parallel, one normal one with bright switch? I don't know if the bright channel has other differences tho.

Not really, as the signal out of the preamp would be different, and would drive the power amp differently. Running clean it'd be sorta close, but once driving the outputs hard, it'd be a bit further off....

Well, King, it looks like this case is closed.

(Apologies to anyone who never watched Sgt. Preston as a kid.)

Back
Top Bottom