Axe-Fx Stereo Problems

Shredator

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble successfully getting a stereo output from Axe Edit on my Axe FX III. I did all the items that are necessary, including having a stereo effect (reverb), not summing anything to zero, and setting stereo in the I/O menu. For whatever reason, my focusrite only gets a signal from one channel with this setup. Settings as follows

All banks using channel A
reverb: Input select L+R
Amp 1 (on top) - INput Select Left (hard pan Left)
Amp2 (on bottom) Input Select Right (hard pan Right)
Cab 1 (on top) - Input mode Stereo (hard pan Left)
Cab 2 (on bottom) - Input mode stereo (hard pan Right)
Out 1 - Hard pan Left
Out 2 - Hard pan Right

1606674238503.png

1606674387546.png

Also, this is not a good example of creating a stereo routing, IMO.

Both Output 1 and 2 are already stereo individually.

Typically, you would start your stereo audio path after the Amp block (which sums to mono) by then going into a stereo effect like Chorus or Delay (Reverb isn't the best example of a stereo effect).

Try a routing like this:

Input -> Amp -> Cab -> Output

Make sure you use 2 IR slots in the Cab block and pan them L/R.

Make sure you're sending both Output Left and Right to your interface.

Where would I set that? There's no knob to pan on the Focusrite itself
If your Focusrite just puts signals equally to the left and right (not panned) then it doesn’t matter what you do on the Axe. I don’t have a Focusrite so I’m not sure what to do.

Also, this is not a good example of creating a stereo routing, IMO.

Both Output 1 and 2 are already stereo individually.

Typically, you would start your stereo audio path after the Amp block (which sums to mono) by then going into a stereo effect like Chorus or Delay (Reverb isn't the best example of a stereo effect).

Try a routing like this:

Input -> Amp -> Cab -> Output

Make sure you use 2 IR slots in the Cab block and pan them L/R.

Make sure you're sending both Output Left and Right to your interface.

I got rid of the bottom chain. Created 2 selections for the CAB, one left and one right. Chorus is panned center, and I'm using ping pong delay to test but still no stereo

1606678270838.png

I got rid of the bottom chain. Created 2 selections for the CAB, one left and one right. Chorus is panned center, and I'm using ping pong delay to test but still no stereo

View attachment 75739
in Edit, click the Out 1 block. play your guitar through the Ping Pong delay. watch the Left and Right meters in that Out 1 block. if you see different levels there, then you're in stereo and whatever is after the Axe physically is summing to mono. you'll have to fix that.

we're also assuming you're using 2 separate cables, one from Out 1 Left, another from Out 1 Right into 2 inputs on your Focusrite.

Quickest help would come if you posted your preset. A screen shot of the delay settings would be helpful as well.

What is the specific interface you have?

And to be clear, the issue is that interface is not getting signal on one input or the you don't see it in your DAW?

Have you tried different cables from Axe Fx to interface? If you swap cables on one end, does the same channel on the interface still get signal?

in Edit, click the Out 1 block. play your guitar through the Ping Pong delay. watch the Left and Right meters in that Out 1 block. if you see different levels there, then you're in stereo and whatever is after the Axe physically is summing to mono. you'll have to fix that.

we're also assuming you're using 2 separate cables, one from Out 1 Left, another from Out 1 Right into 2 inputs on your Focusrite.

So its like you mentioned, I indeed see the channels bouncing differently so I'm getting stereo...but for some reason between the focusrite and protools it's gone. I am using 2 separate cables from my axe to the focusrite.

Back
Top Bottom