How convert AX8 presets to FM3 presets?

Has anybody seen a video on YouTube or anything about this? The problem that I’m having is I get no sound out of them after I put them through Fractal tool.

1. Use the 'Meters' tab in the Layout menu (front panel mini-knob 'B', page right once) to see where the signal stops.
  2. Check the Cab block if User IRs are used. You will need to import them into your FM3.
  3. Check External controllers for an External controller attached to a Vol/Pan block. Re-assign it if it converted wrong, or remove it if not needed?

Yea, the fractool will get you 90% of the settings, and you will need to make a few adjustments. I have converted about 10-20 AX8 presets

1. Use the 'Meters' tab in the Layout menu (front panel mini-knob 'B', page right once) to see where the signal stops.
  2. Check the Cab block if User IRs are used. You will need to import them into your FM3.
  3. Check External controllers for an External controller attached to a Vol/Pan block. Re-assign it if it converted wrong, or remove it if not needed?
Thank you!!! I saw your Website earlier and I am looking forward to your custom presets for the FM-3. I am switching from a helix to the fractal FM-3, And I need a solid Randy Rhoads preset so hoping you are going to do your Ozzy Pack for the fm-3 I will be first in line to buy if you do!! Thanks again Mark

I so cannot make this work !
I was having a problem with converting presets using FracTool I had 2 presets that I had downloaded to my computer I was trying to convert. I would drag and drop them onto the app and nothing would end up happening on the FM3. I messed with this on and off over 2 days with absolutely no success.

Being boneheaded I kept at it and something I found was that I couldn’t have FracTool and FM3-Edit running at the same time. The other was that if I used Axe-Exchange in FracTool and selected the preset from there it would work. I then had to do some basic editing using FM3-Edit to add an Input and Output block but that was straightforward.

One of the presets I wanted to convert wasn’t in Axe-Exchange but after I had done the first one I was able to drag and drop the second one and it worked. I have no idea why.

I was having a problem with converting presets using FracTool I had 2 presets that I had downloaded to my computer I was trying to convert. I would drag and drop them onto the app and nothing would end up happening on the FM3. I messed with this on and off over 2 days with absolutely no success.

Being boneheaded I kept at it and something I found was that I couldn’t have FracTool and FM3-Edit running at the same time. The other was that if I used Axe-Exchange in FracTool and selected the preset from there it would work. I then had to do some basic editing using FM3-Edit to add an Input and Output block but that was straightforward.

One of the presets I wanted to convert wasn’t in Axe-Exchange but after I had done the first one I was able to drag and drop the second one and it worked. I have no idea why.
Obvious...
Ax8 and fm3 are monoclient

Obvious...
Ax8 and fm3 are monoclient
He was having problems making the conversion process work. I was suggesting somethings I thought might give him a hand. Obviously as the author of FracTool you’re in a much better position to help him if you care to. Out of interest, where is the fact that Ax8 and fm3 are monoclient documented. I’m sure that it is somewhere but I missed it.

Last edited:
He was having problems making the conversion process work. I was suggesting somethings I thought might give him a hand. Obviously as the author of FracTool you’re in a much better position to help him if you care to. Out if interest, where is the fact that Ax8 and fm3 are monoclient documented. I’m sure that it is somewhere but I missed it.
It's been said hundred times, never use fractalbot with edit etc...

It's been said hundred times, never use fractalbot with edit etc...
I look here and in your first post at least see nothing. I watched the YouTube video you posted and have no recollection of it being mentioned. Some of us are new to Fractal and when you say it’s been said a hundred times it really doesn’t mean much if it’s buried in a hundred threads spread across the forum.

Still, your contribution of FracTool is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom