Is Kiesel worth the wait?

This is my latest Kiesel...a NZ6H in Light Blue Satin over Jet Black Satin. I swapped the Lithiums (which I find too bright and harsh) for some DiMarzio Air Classics. The NZ6H also features a walnut neck, which feels awesome.

Oh my god. That's beautiful.

I think so...my other 4 Kiesel bolt-ons are the same way. I also have 2 set-neck Kiesels and 6 neck-throughs.
I double-checked a picture of the O7 I sold last. The plate for the electronics is indeed sunk. The plate for the trem was just screwed on top!

Kiesel definitely makes some very beautiful guitars. The amount of customization options is just mind boggling. But with any guitar, I’d have to be able to thoroughly audition one before ordering. Unfortunately, they leave little option for doing so.

Maybe when this pandemic is over I’ll make the trek over to the west coast to try out a few.

This is my latest Kiesel...a NZ6H in Light Blue Satin over Jet Black Satin. I swapped the Lithiums (which I find too bright and harsh) for some DiMarzio Air Classics. The NZ6H also features a walnut neck, which feels awesome.

View attachment 75627

I normally don’t fancy block inlays, but on this guitar, it just works. Good choice! Beautiful guitar!

I double-checked a picture of the O7 I sold last. The plate for the electronics is indeed sunk. The plate for the trem was just screwed on top!
The trem cavity needs extra depth, it would be too shallow with a sunken back plate.

I own 3 Kiesels now and all the control cavity plates are sunken, well shielded, and also use inserts for the screws instead of going right into the wood. It's a nice touch.

The trem cavity needs extra depth, it would be too shallow with a sunken back plate.

I own 3 Kiesels now and all the control cavity plates are sunken, well shielded, and also use inserts for the screws instead of going right into the wood. It's a nice touch.

Kiesel (to my knowledge) is the only company using threaded inserts instead of threading the screws directly into the bodies of their guitars. I wish other companies would start doing that too because it makes a ton of sense. Why wouldn't you want to ensure that you're not going to strip out the threads on the screws that you're removing and replacing on a semi-regular basis?

Kiesel indeed has a lot going for them. Unfortunately I dislike most of their headstock designs. I only really like the Osiris and Vader headstocks :).

Kiesel indeed has a lot going for them. Unfortunately I dislike most of their headstock designs. I only really like the Osiris and Vader headstocks :).
The modern 3+3 headstock is quite nice. Straight string pull unlike most 3x3s. The tiny 4+2 headstock like on the Holdsworth models is nice too, can't say I really like the others much.

Hey guys I've been keeping my eye on kiesel for a long time but I haven't ordered from them because the build time is crazy something like 12 weeks and with Corona virus now I fear it's even longer am I better off going with a name brand likePRS or strandberg or just waiting for their customs
Hey guys I've been keeping my eye on kiesel for a long time but I haven't ordered from them because the build time is crazy something like 12 weeks and with Corona virus now I fear it's even longer am I better off going with a name brand likePRS or strandberg or just waiting for their customs
Mate 12 weeks is nothing, here I am 10 months in waiting for an Ormsby custom and still nothing, my house is gonna be built before the guitar is at this rate...haha

22 week wait for a straightforward build. Thing wouldn‘t stay in tune if I used bar so within days of receiving , they wanted it back for warranty repair. Not a pleasant experience.

I think some of their custom builds look cool and if you're wanting a truly one off type of look they are worth looking at. However, for the kind of money they want for them I'd go with a J.custom personally.

Back
Top Bottom