Wish More Looper block memory slots

Adding a simple loop "fade out" feature for example doesn't require much... That's the kind of features I'm talking about.

We're not talking 30 minutes of multi-layers looping capacity...
You're assuming that... You may or may not be right. However, the requests posted in this thread are not all "simple".

From re-reading the thread, it appears this is the feature you really want. Maybe just say that? Better yet, create a wish specifically for that thing... Specific wishes seem to get better.

You're assuming that... You may or may not be right. However, the requests posted in this thread are not all "simple".

From re-reading the thread, it appears this is the feature you really want. Maybe just say that? Better yet, create a wish specifically for that thing... Specific wishes seem to get better.

Yes, the "fadeout" function is my main wish at this point. And yes, I am assuming that it's fairly simple to come up with.

I did make an entry about it in the Wish List some time ago and even attached Youtube links showing existing loopers doing just that. I'm an IT engineer and can grasp the concept of CPU and memory requirements and I do understand that loopers are memory hogs... My expectations are more about simple features. Because honestly, the looper block is, as of now, still really basic.

Last edited:
Yes, the "fadeout" function is my main wish at this point. And yes, I am assuming that it's fairly simple to come up with.

In OVERDUB mode, with the knob “Overdub Level“ you can control the feedback of the loop. Unfortunately “Overdub Level“ doesn't work in PLAY mode and the Feedback is always endless. Yes it would be nice to have the possibility to control the Decay of the loop also in PLAY mode.

I did make an entry about it in the Wish List some time ago and even attached Youtube links showing existing loopers doing just that. I'm an IT engineer and can grasp the concept of CPU and memory requirements and I do understand that loopers are memory hogs... My expectations are more about simple features. Because honestly, the looper block is, as of now, still really basic.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ost-loopers-on-the-market.166048/post-1995006

And even if it were, OMG.
Please repeat after me: “Code costs money. Code costs money. Code costs money.”

And the folks who are really good at the former usually don’t work for small amounts of the latter.
Of course.
What I meant is that it isn't just a matter of a FW update.

The greatest function of the Looper block (and all I really use it for) is to record the dry guitar, and then play the loop back to dial in amps/drives/IRs and effects while your hands and ears are free to tweak and listen closely.
My "wish" is that perhaps there's a middle ground lurking somewhere in this thread. I, too, seek a little more "SuperLooper" functionality (a guy's got to have a dream, eh?) but, if in fact, the Looper block's primary mission in life is serving as an "audition device" then with "reverse" and "overdub" it's already exceeding its greatest function.

It would be nice to have more loops.

This is a suggestion to use the 300 seconds memory more efficiently. Different loops can be played one after another but not simultaneously.

The idea is that every loop has a different starting point in the total memory of 300 seconds. Why not integrate Channels for that?
Channel A will have the starting point of the loop at 0 seconds.
Channel B will have the starting point of the loop at 76 seconds of the total memory of 300 seconds. And so on.
Perhaps there is a better way to do this instead of channels.

It would be also nice to have a “Copy Loop“ feature controlled by the switches of a midi foot controller. For example:
tap switch: copy loop
hold switch: go to start point without copying the loop.

What's this for? You can evolve and change your loops on different channels with Overdub, Overdub level (connected with an expression pedal), reverse, speed, etc. and jump between the different loops.

I don't know if this is feasible. But the upside is that people who need 300 seconds of looping time they still have it and the others who need more loops get more loops.

i think having the looper controls exposed to internal controllers would be great. you could then use it as an effect and place rec/overdub/reverse/half speed/trim under automatic control. it wasn't possible with the looper in the II and i get the feeling it's not possible in the III, but it would be lots of fun

+1
By the way in the Axe FX II (Quantum) it's possible to control rec/overdub/reverse/half speed/trim with modifiers and it's a lot of fun. It would be nice to have it back on the Axe Fx III. I don't know any hardware looper you can do this. This would be a big step forward for the Looper in the Axe FX III.

Last edited:
Allowing to divide up the total memory into sections sort of reminds of the way that the tempo beep is not made up of 2 sounds (like in metronomes of DAWs - so one can get a sense of measures vs beats). Putting that optional 2-sound metronome wish aside, I could see the basic extension of looper functionality as primarily borrowing from the already existing function of scenes. Imagine you had a looper block in each of 4 scenes, each one set to a different channel (ABCD), but you made it so the looper block could be set to those 4 channels (in my ii [Mark I], I only have 2 channels and I don't think the looper has channels A & B, like the amp and drive and reverb blocks do (from memory - I haven't had time to use the Axe FX in SO LONG....) But one might simply add 4 channels the looper block - in 2 modes. The first mode would be whatever preset settings, the 2nd mode would actually allow dividing the memory, i.e. allowing for the existing total memory to be split between the channels - so that when switching from a scene with its looper block set to Channel A to a scene set to a different channel, there could be a seamless transition. Then, could it be as simple as adding the ability to "send" aka "commit" to a next-available channel, a recorded portion of the total available looper memory, so that it is confined to the next available uncommitted channel (ABC or D) (auto quantized to its best beat quantization - that quantization is already possible from my memory although I haven't used the looper in a couple of years) - and thereafter, once any portion of beats has been started repeating one could commit it to the remaining next available channel/s, so that the remaining memory of the full block can be recorded over destructively again, up to its full length. (again, to be quantized once it is committed). I think this would work using the existing 4 channels, and then a looper block in any scene could be set as one of the 4 channels (ABCD). Then one could change scenes to change the channel, as in:

The caveat is that the looper block would need to "understand" its looping from the context of the quantized audio, and so that upon scene switching to the scene with the alternative channels, the "switch" would happen after the quantized recorded portion was finished playing (a holdover function), whereas all other aspects of the scene would instantly become switched. (Ultimately, with further advancement, the "commit" function could alternatively be made to holdover for the full quantization of what was recorded into that channel, vs only holding until the next beat unit (as 2 modes).

I don't know if suggested upgrades to the looper are better approached without regard to channels/scenes, but it was just something I wanted to jot down here in case it made any sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom