Guitar is more stable sitting down

Don't go Slash low unless your willing to trash your playing ( or learn to play with your wrist in a terrible position.)

Ahhh one thing I noticed about Slash when I saw him was that he always put his foot on the front monitor and propped his guitar up on the raised leg to bring the fretboard almost by his face with the neck almost vertical whenever he really started to play fast leads...

Someday I’d like to try one of those.

its a bit of a leap from a traditionalist view...but its Genius is quickly evident. Truly a joy to be able to play for hours and hours straight with none of the physical fatigue I would get from any of my other guitars. Its not perfect, but it’s better (playing wise) than any of my others guitars. Definitely try one.

I'm not uncomfortable sitting or standing, I just feel the guitar moving around more when I'm standing, makes it harder for my picking hand to get it together.

I'm not uncomfortable sitting or standing, I just feel the guitar moving around more when I'm standing, makes it harder for my picking hand to get it together.
A short strap or classical seated position stops the guitar moving about and this is definitely a part of it.

I hate playing guitar seated down. Whenever I rehearse, perform or record I have to do it standing. I'm not one of those players from the school of Slash who have to have their guitar on their knees, Hell, I sometimes partake of the school of Morello which has the guitar up to the chest. But normally when seated down the guitar just sits too high for me so the strap starts slipping.

This is why I love my Strandberg...complete comfort sitting or standing. Can play for hours with no fatigue.

They're not guitars, they're guitar hero controllers. :tonguewink:

Joking aside I do think they are the perfect guitar for the bedroom guitar player. Like they were made to be used seated and without a headstock so you don't knock shit aside by accident.

Back
Top Bottom