Mark 2 fan noise

I think the fan only kicks on for presets where you are using a ton of CPU power. That may be why some people don't notice it at all.

My mark 1 unit is less than a year old and I can hear the fan if I listen for it. It's NOT an issue. Barely there at all.

I think the fan only kicks on for presets where you are using a ton of CPU power. That may be why some people don't notice it at all.

My mark 1 unit is less than a year old and I can hear the fan if I listen for it. It's NOT an issue. Barely there at all.

Mine (on a mark 1) runs the fan constantly after being on for more than 2-3 minutes. I don't find it to be a nuisance since it is fairly quiet, but it doesn't seem to matter whether the preset is at 50% or 80% CPU.

It turns on when the internal temperature is above a pre-set threshold.

My fan starts at 9 seconds into this clip - My silent PC is running just below it and cant be heard at all.

Did yours stayed on after start up? I'm asking because (what we saw/heard in your video) it's normal behavior for the fan to run on start up, then it stays dead quiet unless (as Cliff mentioned) the Axe gets past the temperature threshold.

It turns on when the internal temperature is above a pre-set threshold.
How much is the threshold temperature?

Where is it measured? eg Is it the DSP die internal temp or just the case internal temp?

The reason I ask is that, i notice the fan kicks in even when my room is pretty cool and the case is cool to touch as well. If fan kicks in even if the case is cold, does that indicate a potential issue with the heat sink assembly?

Thanks

How much is the threshold temperature?

Where is it measured? eg Is it the DSP die internal temp or just the case internal temp?

The reason I ask is that, i notice the fan kicks in even when my room is pretty cool and the case is cool to touch as well. If fan kicks in even if the case is cold, does that indicate a potential issue with the heat sink assembly?

Thanks
Internal ambient temperature.

Mine was noisy as well, similar to the video posted above. Got promptly a free fan from G66 (great service) and now it is much better, still audible but not immediately noticable as soon as it is silent. It was a known issue and therefore it was to be expected before ordering the Fx III. However, it is still a little bit disappointing that such a known issue in such a premium product is not resolved, especially when releasing a newer version as the MK II.

Back
Top Bottom