FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Are we thinking the FM3 will get the ability to play "captures" that the Axe III captures since they traditionally use less processing power?

I had fun aping the new Recto Badlander by tuning the FAS Modern I with EL34 tubes and some EQ.
There's so much in this thing already with even a modicum of tweaking.

i agree
I've been making my own high gain amps lately, starting with the FAS models. Speaker impedance curve, input eq, variac, supply sag, negative feedback and transformer matching. Also switching tonestacks around.

it took a couple months, but one day it all just kinda clicked. I learned so much about how real amplifiers work doing all this.

i agree
I've been making my own high gain amps lately, starting with the FAS models. Speaker impedance curve, input eq, variac, supply sag, negative feedback and transformer matching. Also switching tonestacks around.

it took a couple months, but one day it all just kinda clicked. I learned so much about how real amplifiers work doing all this.
Out of curiosity did any material (video, books, etc.) that helped you understand it more and get more comfortable and crafty when creating your custom presets6

it's no one thing, its all the great people here giving tips.
the forum is my single best source of learning and the people who makes videos, blogs, etc about tweaks.
the other thing is to remember there are no rules.

its like music theory, its not right/wrong, its just a well understood way of achieving expected outcomes for people with a built in preference.

since we aren't really messing with voltages, resistors, etc only using them as a framework in software, it doesn't matter if it would be safe, practical or even make sense in the real world... as long as you like it.

For example, putting EL34s in a Recto is an easy, real world option, but messing with it beyond that is much less so. Don't stop at the edges of the commonly possible unless you want to imitate something I say. Sometimes I do want that, sometimes I push beyond that.

The Fractal amps have always been some of my go to sounds b/c they are idealized. We have enough copies of copies, and great ones at that. Lets also do new things.

Back
Top Bottom